Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

Bulldoglikeapproach said:
lazerblue said:
i know it was a so called friendly but if you ask a lot of fans my age, goin on 60 they will tell you there is no such thing as a friendly against that lot especially when its at wembley and for a trophy of sorts. so maybe you might understand how much it hurts to lose against them and to have to go in work on mon and take all the shit off the rags, and after being 2 up it hurts all the more so dont come on here and slag people off that are pissed off after losing that game and even more so when your a mancunian!!

I dont think anyone on here isnt pissed/disappointed that we lost. I think we're just keeping our heads though and not asking for our manager to be sacked because we lost in injury time to last year's champs in preseason.
I´m just pissed that we seem to be behind interms of fitness levels. That I can´t work out. Maybe it will benefit us in the run-in - don´t know

quinny's disco pants said:
Feel gutted have had to come out of the pub as getting so much shit out of the fu****g rag w*****S. tottaly gutted......got taught a football lesson 2day.

I wouldnt have left we played shite, half of our team were unrecognisable, where was silva? kompany making a bollock etcc. and they played very well, and they only just beat us in the last minute. nowt to be ashamed of. they won but we had a very bad day at the office and they had one of their better days.

Im finding it hard to think of one player who had a decent game today. Our defence has been pretty solid up to now but for some reason we looked all over the place and kept giving away silly fouls on the edge of the box. 5 bookings indicates our lack of match sharpness and that studs up lunge on Young by Micah could've easily been a red. I expect Mancini to work hard with his defenders this week to iron out some problems.

Pezzer2 said:
First of all I was gutted not to be there today after my misses gave birth to our first baby. Which has certainly put things into perpective for me in keeping calm(ish) when we lost

It should serve to a poignant reminder how cruel this game can be. I may be being biased in saying this but I think it will stand us in good stead and teach us a harsh lesson early doors. I just hope it knocks us into shape and get us focused straight away. We were lacking in every department against them. You have to say they looked sharp, they had options through the middle and either flank with constant movement. When we eventually had possesion we just looked laboured in the last 3rd and lost for outlets. We still looked solid today but as regards for attacking prowess, it was non existent and we were fortunate be 2 goals in front.

Let them have there day. It obviously feels like a nothing game for them judging by there reactions. Hypocrites.

Anyway its wetted my appetite for the forthcoming season. Onwards and upwards.

Congrats

Balo give a great performance for 90 minutes what games you been watchin ???????? in MY OPINION which is neither right or wrong just my opinion before i get slated not 1 person can come on here and tell me balo gives as good as de jong kompany (ok mistake today forgiven) zabaleta tevez silva hart. Has balo played anywhere near there level taking out all the trouble, has he hell not even close nothing

Cant understand fans saying it was only a friendly blah fucking blah...we cant just pick and choose when to turn up and not to turn up...scum have the mentality and drive to go for EVERY trophy there is,we need to do the same.I found today extremely worrying.

cavalier Jackson said:
Thought united looked a good 25% fitter than us. They closed us down well and didn't let us play our game. This left Silva quiet and resulted in little creativity. Thought united looked organised and efficient. Thought they deserved the win but it would have been nice to take them to penalties. Just got to face the tossers in work now tomorrow

Ditto! *sigh*

Would be nice to have a nice silver dinner plate but we can't have it all the time eh!? ... Thank f**k it was a friendly :P

Re: glad we did not show our hand

to be fair I don't really buy this is the best that United can play. Wio (who looks like a wounded animal that needs putting down btw!) Vidic and Carrick only played a half, whilst Little Piss, Park, Berba, Valencia, Fletcher played no part.

Cheesy said:
Wasn't his fault today as the whole team were crap, but I'm still to be convinced by Mario. Undoubtedly talented but shows it all to rarely for me.

why say whole team were crap then pick out one individual.. ??

jay_mcfc said:
jjeangi said:
Rags also had a much longer preseason, with plenty more matches. They were fitter.

People are saying Mancini is bad tactically! FFS that's one of the things he's known for being good at. Tactics that are supposed to work on paper don't always come off you know, especially when the opposing team looked as hungry Untied did today.

The Barry change to me made sense. They were passing all over us and Barry (on paper) was supposed to help cut up their play. It made sense, but it didn't work.

Get rid of that mentality that defense doesn't win games, because had we defended well today and looked composed on the ball, it would have been our game.

Silva today, my favorite player, I wasn't impressed with. He wasn't looking for the ball as he always does. Well I might add in the first place, we couldn't hold the ball long enough for him to.

Yes, Mancini might deserve some stick but not /nearly/ as much as he's getting. He's the one that talks to the players but he did! It's the players heads' that needed sorting.

United came in very strong, blasting at us in the beginning and I think that really messed with our players' heads.

You could clearly see our players didn't look match fit today. Well actually, let me reiterate that, the rags were MUCH fitter than us today and it showed. De Jong although decent though, like bite and tenacity. Lescott although not a world beater with pace, often really looked sluggish. Yaya didn't look half as fit as near the end of last season, just to name a few.

All in all it was nervousness, lack of tenacity, fitness, composure, and bite that did us in. We can go on and on about tactics, but the changes made SENSE. It's our players today that bottled it. Almost as if they fear the 'other' team. You could almost sense from the players that they felt a lot of pressure to produce after beating United in the Semis.

What we lack is a winning mentality that the rags have. How do we get this mentality? KEEP winning and playing together.

This loss is a positive one for City and Untied.
For City: It shows us to not be complacent. Every match needs to be won. It shows us not to get our heads too big and fight like we did in the Semis and the streak of form towards the end of last season. This loss will drive us to produce together as a team and I fully expect a battering of Swansea which will give us an exciting kick start towards the next season. Wins and losses are part of life, and part of supporting and football team. The better team doesn't win every game, as much as we want to believe. Yes, its our rivals, but at the end of the day. The rags will sit on their high horse and next time we face them, we will be out not to be embarrassed again. Embarrassment eh? Yup that's the look you can tell from our players faces at the end added with disappointment. Only good things can come from this loss because our players are going to realize that they did not play like themselves and when this happens, they lose.

For Rags: Probably it will give them a kick start as well for the new season. Their young players will feel confident and their whole team as a whole will benefit from thinking they're world beaters.

Sorry for my long winded post with scattered thoughts. But yessir, that's my opinion.

P.S. If you don't want to read this shite, that's cool. To sum it up, it really wasn't Bobby's fault. Nor was it our individual players. It was a bad performance from our team, like all teams have. Just a shame it was against the rags.

Edit #2: Forgot to mention, if you've ever played football at any level, you KNOW that all those yellows further sunk our mentality. Whether its those looming thoughts that you need fouls to stop United to being complacent so as to not getting sent off.

Great post amongst a sea of rubbish!
Another thing I will add is that Mancini's wanting of more players is just. Players like Sneijder and Nasri that can hold on to a ball and pass are what we need. Not to mention, big games hardly mess with their heads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.