Community shield Post match thread

Also because when a keeper makes a mistake it results in a goal, A defender, Midfielder or attacker can get away with it.

Usual English media bombarding him from his first mistake at the swamp.

He's been exceptional the last two seasons ect Top keeper.

I agree, but the poster asked why he came in for criticism. That first season, he was bloody awful.
He's looking more like the player we thought we'd signed.

I agree with some of this, but I thought Raz was very direct in H1 and as a result he was playing very naturally, instinctive if you prefer. If you look at the stats over the two halves you’ll see that it’s more than likely pep decided to go out and defend the lead rather than push on for the win. Why he did that I can only guess maybe to invite them on to see if we could contain them or maybe he thought we were gassed so he was trying to conserve energy, I don’t know.
I'm lost too mate. To me, it looked like we were still going out to play as we normally do, but we ran out of puff & the Dippers finally woke up.

That's why I said in the second half we needed to become more compact, & control the game defensively until we got our second wind. We always seem to look very shaky when trying to see a game out against better opposition.

I played at a lowly level, but I always remember our manager making two chopping motions with his hands which meant get back into your starting line up shape (442) & don't stray out of it until told otherwise. Being compact when needed is our next level of development.

That's why I used the analogy of a boxer covering up until his head had cleared after being tagged.

Last edited:
Just watched it back. We should have capitalised so much more on our first half performance. Second half we looked a bit knackered. What a great win when not at our best. They were so desperate to beat us. Maybe it'll be their year again later in the season...then again...maybe not. Lol.

We've just won 5 domestic trophies out of a possible 5...remember someone once saying...not in my lifetime...Haha.

Should have been 3-0 up 20 mins into the 2nd half. We faded badly. Pep once more showed his one and only weakness in his subs. Foden should have been on for the last 15 mins.
More work needed on team fitness I think.

Should have been 3-0 up 20 mins into the 2nd half. We faded badly. Pep once more showed his one and only weakness in his subs. Foden should have been on for the last 15 mins.
More work needed on team fitness I think.

I think he was trying to get as much game time into the players that I think will start the first game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.