Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

I love the commentators on ESPN’s feed talking about how impressed they were with United’s performance today, completely ignoring that we had a team full of (admittedly very promising) youngsters and half-fit senior players, and were missing the best ball-playing defender in the world, the best defensive midfielder in the world (and, in my humble opinion, the best player in the world, full stop), the best playmaker in the world (for all but a few minutes at the end), and the best young dynamic number 10 in the world.

Thinking about it, I hope all this praise for their “performance” goes to their heads, so they can experience a rude awakening about how shite they actually are once the league starts.

Unforgivable? You mean, you will never ever forgive him for today's performance?
You have painted yourself into the tightest of corners with that comment.
I mean one can forgive a bad performance but the desire and effort has to be there. Today, Haaland was barely pressing and barely making runs.

Superb with the youngsters in the side. Rico had a great game and was all over the pitch.

Ederson should be the back up penalty taker.

Good outcome - it would have been manager of month and equivalent of the World Cup in the media if they had won.

And we just witnessed how the very important game at the beginning of the season turned into a glorified friendly at best. Blame Evans and Akanji.

Bobb the only one who produced goods worth attention; Rico not bad, the rest .... fill your own excuses. We actually looked better in the MF before 'Reilly went off.

Considering the team and the subs it was bearable to watch, there are two worrying things for me.

We are starting the season with the first 12-13 players having no meaningful pre-season game preparation.

And Haaland up front against the teams defending...I just cannot watch it anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.