Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

"FA community shield sponsored by McDonald's champions, We know what we are"

Biggest take from that for me is we have no Rodri alternative in the squad. If we don't go and sign somebody to do that within the week after that, we will never sign one. That needs to be addressed with the utmost urgency.

O'Reilly is miles off being ready. No slight on the lad. He's young and talented just isn't ready to play a role in the best squad in football yet.

Mcatee has all the talent but doesn't have enough impact, that will have to change if he's to become a part of the squad, the chances he gets this season, he will need to make an impact in them.

Bobbs ready to be a starter, quiet today but I'd be surprised if he doesn't start on the right against chelsea.

Savinho looked promising, can't go wrong with pace and delivery on the wing, going to have to settle but fully expect he will be a bit hit.

Lot of players are going into this Chelsea game underprepared, plenty of work to do this upcoming week.

I love the commentators on ESPN’s feed talking about how impressed they were with United’s performance today, completely ignoring that we had a team full of (admittedly very promising) youngsters and half-fit senior players, and were missing the best ball-playing defender in the world, the best defensive midfielder in the world (and, in my humble opinion, the best player in the world, full stop), the best playmaker in the world (for all but a few minutes at the end), and the best young dynamic number 10 in the world.

Thinking about it, I hope all this praise for their “performance” goes to their heads, so they can experience a rude awakening about how shite they actually are once the league starts.
As before, imho they’ll come a cropper when they play the 2/3 of the teams in the league who will sit back and expect united to break them down.
They won’t get the luxury of being able to play on the break at home against Fulham for example.

I love the commentators on ESPN’s feed talking about how impressed they were with United’s performance today, completely ignoring that we had a team full of (admittedly very promising) youngsters and half-fit senior players, and were missing the best ball-playing defender in the world, the best defensive midfielder in the world (and, in my humble opinion, the best player in the world, full stop), the best playmaker in the world (for all but a few minutes at the end), and the best young dynamic number 10 in the world.

Thinking about it, I hope all this praise for their “performance” goes to their heads, so they can experience a rude awakening about how shite they actually are once the league starts.
It was about the players they had on the field, and the players we didn’t have on the field.
That must be a worry for them.

With our key players missing we looked undercooked, but decent performance from Oscar and Doku showed glimpses. Always good to beat the scum even if it is a pre season friendly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.