Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

I thought we were lucky - think overall they ended up dominating the midfield and looked a lot more dangerous and in control throughout the game.

Happy to come out on top - we never seem to get the rub of the green so happy to see us grind out the game and get a result.

P.s ederson should be our PT from here on in

9fba8acfcece4dcfd8cacd1bf52e711d.jpg

They’re taking it well then.
Take it take it take it
IMG_6953.jpeg

Pretty shite game to watch. Good skill from Bobb to set up Bernie's goal. Savinho looks like he's going to be quite exciting to watch. Eddy saved a pen.

Can't get too excited about the Community Shield but always nice to beat the rags.

No chance…making up for the lost celebrations when we should have beaten this lot at last season’s FA Cup final.

Even sweeter when they thought they had won it with 10 or so mins to go.

Teenage Kicks from the Undertones got a rousing reception after the game from Wembley’s PA system & Wembley Way was noticeably quiet from those cocky twats compared to earlier on in the day.

Anyone else have big issues on the M6? We had a 40 minute delay just before Hilton Park services where they took 3 lanes into one, to then have 2 lines of cones for 200 yards and then back to 3 lanes, 40 minutes for nothing. Then from south of Stafford all through Staffordshire and Cheshire 50mph limit yet there was very little traffic. Stupid cunts. Added an hour to our journey.
Nightmare. I got in at 12:40 am. An hour from the stadium to the A40. M40 full of traffic and road works. M42 50mph all the way to the M6… then Walsall the M6 goes,into one lane, then ‘remote traffic management’ the signs said… 50mph all the way to Knutsford at 11pm… what for?

I thought we were lucky - think overall they ended up dominating the midfield and looked a lot more dangerous and in control throughout the game.

Happy to come out on top - we never seem to get the rub of the green so happy to see us grind out the game and get a result.

P.s ederson should be our PT from here on in
I disagree. I don't think they controlled the midfield. I think they were very dangerous on the counterattack. They looked to completely bypass the midfield and run strong through the middle, dish to wingers. I thought there speed of play was better than ours. I think we were lucky in the sense that Rashford missed a sitter. But we were without Rodri, Stones and Foden. That would have helped cut off the speed at which they countered. I think that's a big concern for us still because we have no answer if Rodri doesn't play. We'll get a game like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.