Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

Always glad of a win.
But more pleased to not have to suffer days and days about the rags being "back" and beating us twice at Wembley.

Tent Peg boasting about them now "matching us", with no comprehension that was not actually the real City they had just played. Honestly, the guy is clueless. I think he is too obsessed about his own ego and trying to prove to people he deserves to be there. He IS their main problem and long may it continue.

As for ITV. We expect bias commentary these days. But my god what was they vaping today. Every pass whether completed or not was "world class". An offside goal was goal of the season. Listen you fucking idiot, the reason he got a shot on goal was because he was illegally ahead of play.

The reaction to their goal and ours was in stark contrast. Totally lost it for theirs and gave basic commentary for ours. Then immediately went on to explain it wasn't our good play, but rather the rags mistakes.

Since when has "long ball" football ever been lauded as good football? Oh yes, when the rags play it!
I ended up watching in silence but before I did they did ruffle my feathers some what when they referred to the FA cup game. Said they were brilliant all game. I’m getting old and know we were well below par, but the scum brilliant whole game, wasn’t my take.

Nightmare. I got in at 12:40 am. An hour from the stadium to the A40. M40 full of traffic and road works. M42 50mph all the way to the M6… then Walsall the M6 goes,into one lane, then ‘remote traffic management’ the signs said… 50mph all the way to Knutsford at 11pm… what for?
Obviously to give the rags a head start home, what they forgot was most of them took the tube. Mind the Gap.

The win sort of made up for the FA Cup final defeat. But missing out on the double, double, which has never been done, still rankles with me, and always will.

At least City stopped any notion of Ten Hag getting one over Pep.lately which would have been the case if United had won the FA Cup and the Community Shield.

I have to say, watching the highlights, I was in work on Saturday, United looked the better team, and would have won the game if they had taken their chances. Then again, I didn't watch the game live, so I might be wrong?

The win sort of made up for the FA Cup final defeat. But missing out on the double, double, which has never been done, still rankles with me, and always will.

At least City stopped any notion of Ten Hag getting one over Pep.lately which would have been the case if United had won the FA Cup and the Community Shield.

I have to say, watching the highlights, I was in work on Saturday, United looked the better team, and would have won the game if they had taken their chances. Then again, I didn't watch the game live, so I might be wrong?
first half we were better second half they were

their goal was the first shot on target by either team and ours the only one we had and a draw a fair result.

We were (surprisingly?) good the first 30 minutes. Shud’ve got one or two.
Pretty even after that. With better chances to that lot. Bernardo’s foul was just a message to his teammates to be more aggressive as we were playing scum.
As for anything else, never seen a CS game from City when we looked good and ready. Good to have a game like this to add to the preseason. As did the penalty shootout.

I can see why Pep loves Nico O’Reilly.

He’s a rough diamond, if he can tidy up some of the little mistakes (which is fine and makes sense given his age) he could be some player. Our fanbase need to be patient with him.

Yes, he is so much potential in the CM space. The fact he is getting name checked and game time is very encouraging

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.