Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

Indeed but that's why he's put in games like yesterday, to learn these things first hand.

I doubt Pep was expecting him to run the game.
Of course not.

Youngsters learn much more playing the game than they do on the training ground, and Nico will only improve with more game time.

Speed awareness courses are run by a bunch of absolute wamkers, when I went on my last one the moment I got confirmation I'd successfully attended and "passed" the course I gave it them both barrels.

It was a fucking shambles of an exercise, the cunts couldn't run a piss up in a brewery, the 50'mph sections of motorway could easily (and were at one stage) be changed to 60mph without any detriment, it's so frustrating. And don't get me going about the traffic lights at Bird Hall Lane.
I declined when I was caught 6mph over the 40mph limit, it was my one and only speeding charge in over 60 years of driving. Wasn't going to be told what to do by some wet behind the ears nobody.

The police would be far better served catching criminals instead of massaging their crime statistics by persecuting motorists.

I usually like McCoist as co-commentator, but yesterday, he was shockingly biased towards the rags.

Part of the gig

A few of them start out alright and eventually end up sucking red cocks.

One would be forgiven for thinking they're told to. It is quite bizarre how they all seem to end up that way.

I Remember him saying that he hadn't read a book until he was 17 because his Mum couldn't afford them. He's 26 now and only just discovered these jigsaw thingy exist. His Mum will be pissed because it was a birthday suprise for October!

This 'I never read a book until he was 17' what do they teach them in the rags academy ? It was never picked at the time by the press/media just how poor the education standards are in rags academy.

Similar to myself. Never really minded McCoist, but yesterday was horrendous from him.

He seemed to think that we're desperate to win the shield, despite never playing a strong side, because all of our players aren't back yet. He seemed to know all the parts of the equation but couldn't work out the answer. A bit odd, he is one of the best, so it just reiterates how little some of the 'experts' know.

I find the anti-commentary thing on here to be largely nonsense and a bit embarrassing. I don’t believe that Tyler dislikes City and for the most part I think that the fact that we are usually playing against underdogs is the explanation for what some on here see as “bias”. In fact I don’t normally even really notice the commentary.

Yesterday was hugely noticeable that McCoist praised every single thing that Man United did, and talked about them incessantly. From half time when he stated that Man Utd had the best chance, to repeatedly commenting on their “brilliant football” and completely ignoring the fact that City played without their best players. It was the worst I’ve ever heard.
It's a pity that a large chunk of the comments involve all sorts of accusations against the ITV commentary team and limited insight into what was good and bad about the teams performance. Surely informed opinion is what constitutes a good post match thread. I am reaching the conclusion that a lot of people alas have little of substance or import to say. To me it seems a lot of our fanbase set out just waiting to be offended and have more interest in what the commentators say than analysing what is actually happening on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.