Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

I find the anti-commentary thing on here to be largely nonsense and a bit embarrassing. I don’t believe that Tyler dislikes City and for the most part I think that the fact that we are usually playing against underdogs is the explanation for what some on here see as “bias”. In fact I don’t normally even really notice the commentary.

Yesterday was hugely noticeable that McCoist praised every single thing that Man United did, and talked about them incessantly. From half time when he stated that Man Utd had the best chance, to repeatedly commenting on their “brilliant football” and completely ignoring the fact that City played without their best players. It was the worst I’ve ever heard.
Yep. The gushing praise over that move that didn’t lead to a goal and how it would’ve been goal of the season was hyperbole off the scale. It was a nice move and that’s it. We score dozens of goals like that every fucking season!

I went yesterday, sat in club wembley completely surrounded by United fans. Probably outnumbered 50/1 haha.

They were cocky and arrogant but harmless.

Journey home was great. I parked in the official 'pink' car park, got straight out of the car park and journey home took just over three hours M40/M42/M5/M6 fastest I've ever got away from wembley.

Itv set out yesterday to be anti City and pro scum. Long lingering shots of tent peg and this new thing at the scum the "hierarchy" it's like the TV station that's broadcasting the game all want to be the "one" to proclaim they are back and so the hype starts. Then the next TV broadcaster trys to be the "one" and so they ramp the hype higher.
The BBC were doing it at the Olympics hyping up the chances of the British competitors, somehow we were always in for a gold but ended up with nothing or a lesser medal. KJT was gonna get a gold according to Balding when I switched on to watch the final event, but in reality once I saw that she had to run a personal best and be a head by 8.5 seconds it was obvious that she wasnt going to do it. But it didn't stop the BBC from giving me the illusion that Gold was going to happen so I had better watch it !

I find the anti-commentary thing on here to be largely nonsense and a bit embarrassing. I don’t believe that Tyler dislikes City and for the most part I think that the fact that we are usually playing against underdogs is the explanation for what some on here see as “bias”. In fact I don’t normally even really notice the commentary.

Yesterday was hugely noticeable that McCoist praised every single thing that Man United did, and talked about them incessantly. From half time when he stated that Man Utd had the best chance, to repeatedly commenting on their “brilliant football” and completely ignoring the fact that City played without their best players. It was the worst I’ve ever heard.
Because of poor eyesight and only a "normal" size TV, I do reply on the commentary to identify players on the ball, that is when they actually are watching the game. As a 50/50 compromise, I only listen when City are in possession and mute when the "other lot" have it.

The only positive was the Matchday Thread. Absolute gold again and did not disappoint. Haaland is utter shite, our youngsters have no chance of making it and Ederson is the worst keeper in the world ever when it comes to pens.

Can't wait for Sunday and the 30+ pages added to the Palmer thread.

Last edited:
Because of poor eyesight and only a "normal" size TV, I do reply on the commentary to identify players on the ball, that is when they actually are watching the game. As a 50/50 compromise, I only listen when City are in possession and mute when the "other lot" have it.
Even with a bigger screen and possibly better eyesight I still yearn for the days when the commentator saw their main job as player identification. Oh for Coleman.
Even on the radio, which you’d expect to be better, they do less of it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.