Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

Tis the way of things now. You just have to either ignore it or get involved. I got involved last season with the biased commentary stuff around McCoist. There were a couple of games last season when he was very fair on us and if you were an opposition fan you could have made a case that he waxed too lyrical at times. However, on here he was anti City and biased toward our opponents. It was verging on the preposterous. I can only guess a lot of it is younger fans who only know success and can't abide any kind of criticism of us or any acclaim for our rivals. I'm probably wrong though and we've just got a little of entitled fans now.

He did praise the Rags yesterday and some of it was slightly over the top (the goal of the season contender was unfathomable) but we also get the same from commentators when we're playing well
My dislike of him is more to do with his commentary style. He never shuts up. Constantly talking over and over...often having to correct himself when he sees on the replay the opposite of what he first said. Then, there's his endless stream of cliches "I'm telling you...", "I'm going to tell you something...", "I've gotta say...".
We know it's you Ally, we can tell you and the other commentator apart. We don't need you to introduce your opinion of what you're going to say to us every time you want to offer it.

I find the anti-commentary thing on here to be largely nonsense and a bit embarrassing. I don’t believe that Tyler dislikes City and for the most part I think that the fact that we are usually playing against underdogs is the explanation for what some on here see as “bias”. In fact I don’t normally even really notice the commentary.

Yesterday was hugely noticeable that McCoist praised every single thing that Man United did, and talked about them incessantly. From half time when he stated that Man Utd had the best chance, to repeatedly commenting on their “brilliant football” and completely ignoring the fact that City played without their best players. It was the worst I’ve ever heard.
I usually like McCoist but I have to agree with this. Thought the same.

Agree with this. I watched the match after reading some comments here. I thought we'd look a lot better after reading the comments. 2nd half we were pretty clearly outplayed.
Savio did look very exciting though. He's going to be a player. O'Reilley just really not close at this point. Maybe some early Carabao or FA games but that'd be it.
Be careful mate.

Any other opinion other than O’Reilly is nailed on for Balon D’or and the usual loons will jump all over your head.

The whole footballing authorities just can't let United go. Their desperation to keep them relevant is beyond a joke.

In reality there are so many better teams who offer far more excitement than the rags.

Its very strange.
It will take a generation. ££££££££ is the reason.

It will be quicker outside the UK.

I always remember watching the PL abroad years ago. 80% of the programme was about the rags even though they were crap and nothing was going on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.