Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

ITV highlights video has redacted Eddy saving Sancho's pen, a critical point in the shootout. The rag protection plan still firmly in place.

Yes, very sad, had to check I had the right game this morning.

Great day, went via Watford and Wembley Central, good way as reds outnumbered that side so all quiet as mice.

Amazed how many empty seats in both ends there were, thought it had sold out.
Agency unsold I suppose.

You need to go on speed awareness course it's all done for good reason and in big scheme of things only hold you up for 5 minutes of over all journey ;)
50 miles through Staffs and Cheshire. At 50 mph that's 60 mins, at 70 it's 43 mins.

It's a pity that a large chunk of the comments involve all sorts of accusations against the ITV commentary team and limited insight into what was good and bad about the teams performance. Surely informed opinion is what constitutes a good post match thread. I am reaching the conclusion that a lot of people alas have little of substance or import to say. To me it seems a lot of our fanbase set out just waiting to be offended and have more interest in what the commentators say than analysing what is actually happening on the pitch.
Your arrogance beggars belief you must be a rag. I watched the game in a north east pub and even the geordies were astounded by the level of bias

Agree with this. I watched the match after reading some comments here. I thought we'd look a lot better after reading the comments. 2nd half we were pretty clearly outplayed.
Savio did look very exciting though. He's going to be a player. O'Reilley just really not close at this point. Maybe some early Carabao or FA games but that'd be it.
Yes, I think Pep will play Oreilly this year but very very sparingly. Early carabao start maybe, plus some substitutes. I don't see a situation in which he'll start a league game this year.

His physique looks ok, he occasionally had a presence which is excellent given his age, but he dwelled and had a few panicked touches. He's growing, I think he's got a chance in future seasons.

I find the anti-commentary thing on here to be largely nonsense and a bit embarrassing. I don’t believe that Tyler dislikes City and for the most part I think that the fact that we are usually playing against underdogs is the explanation for what some on here see as “bias”. In fact I don’t normally even really notice the commentary.

Yesterday was hugely noticeable that McCoist praised every single thing that Man United did, and talked about them incessantly. From half time when he stated that Man Utd had the best chance, to repeatedly commenting on their “brilliant football” and completely ignoring the fact that City played without their best players. It was the worst I’ve ever heard.
Agree largely with that. Yesterday was incredible. McCoist "Goal of the season " comment, for a ball across our 6 yard line was incredulous. He must have been on ITV corporate Johnnie Walker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.