Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

Thought we started OK yesterday and got gradually worse as the game went on. The United goal when it arrived had been coming for a while but at least we responded, got the equaliser and won the shoot-out.

Kovacic good, Bobb made his case for a lot more mins this season and Rico was decent. Akanji and Dias deserve credit for playing the entire game having only reported to training this week. The midfield was concern though; the O'Reilly kid just kept overrunning the ball and lost it way too many times to be serviceable in the team on that showing. McAtee did ok and largely passed it to a Blue shirt but we were overrun in midfield second half when our inexperience in that area showed. Savinho had a decent cameo but he will be competing with Doku, Grealish and Bobb for minutes this year in an area we have covered twice over.

We desperately need younger legs and someone who can both play alongside Rodri and also spell him so he needs a rest, without the current huge drop-off when Rodders doesnt play. We also cant go into the season with 33 wide players and only 1 recognised striker. We've trousered £150m plus this summer so funds absolutely must be there - this areas need addressing if we want to be challenging for the 2 big pots.

So Rashford didn’t read books as a child because his mother, who popped out numerous children, couldn’t afford them?

Are we to assume there were no books at his school or local library?
Either that or Rashford is a lying twat.
Based on his Walter Mitty defence story when he was caight speeding, I would suggest it's the latter.

If you think today's crop of commentators are awful, then think back to the "glory days" of Alan Green on BBC radio. Probably the most curmudgeonly, irritating, moronic commentator of all.
I recall one occasion when he made some remark and his co-commentator, Jimmy Armfield, called it "The most stupid comment he heard".
My dearest wish, regarding commentators, is for Com' No.1 to ask a question to Com' No.2 who replies "Sorry, I missed that, I was watching the game".

I thought we did well but United had the better chances. We started very well but in the second half, before the subs, we lost the connection in midfield and, when united eventually put one in, it was no surprise.

The surprise and a pleasant one was us coming back to equalise and then the penalties.

Nothing particularly to be learned for either side but very pleased we managed to win one with peps experiment with youth that tends to happen each year in this fixture

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.