Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

It's a pity that a large chunk of the comments involve all sorts of accusations against the ITV commentary team and limited insight into what was good and bad about the teams performance. Surely informed opinion is what constitutes a good post match thread. I am reaching the conclusion that a lot of people alas have little of substance or import to say. To me it seems a lot of our fanbase set out just waiting to be offended and have more interest in what the commentators say than analysing what is actually happening on the pitch.
Spot on obviously. Its very concerning from the sociological point of view. I mean hopefully there is no simple transition, that if a man find himself comfortable only mouning and to attribute only iadequacies to others in area of life hobby/entertainment (watching football is this category i believe) means hes doing in upon other life activities, lets say profession, talking on family, friends etc.

How is it come, that man must have never asked themselves before own opinion, whether I am really sure I would have done better job? They best commentaries, football players, coaches, rivals, experts in any aspect. Constant criticism of everything

Just watched the game for first time. Glad we won as it clearly meant a lot to the players. Not really much can be read into it imo

Thought we started OK yesterday and got gradually worse as the game went on. The United goal when it arrived had been coming for a while but at least we responded, got the equaliser and won the shoot-out.

Kovacic good, Bobb made his case for a lot more mins this season and Rico was decent. Akanji and Dias deserve credit for playing the entire game having only reported to training this week. The midfield was concern though; the O'Reilly kid just kept overrunning the ball and lost it way too many times to be serviceable in the team on that showing. McAtee did ok and largely passed it to a Blue shirt but we were overrun in midfield second half when our inexperience in that area showed. Savinho had a decent cameo but he will be competing with Doku, Grealish and Bobb for minutes this year in an area we have covered twice over.

We desperately need younger legs and someone who can both play alongside Rodri and also spell him so he needs a rest, without the current huge drop-off when Rodders doesnt play. We also cant go into the season with 33 wide players and only 1 recognised striker. We've trousered £150m plus this summer so funds absolutely must be there - this areas need addressing if we want to be challenging for the 2 big pots.
Agree with most of this. We still haven't resolved how we set up when Rodri is not playing but am confident Pep can solve this issue. Kova has been mosty excellent, Bernie can play deeper if needed. It will only be a problem against the better teams because we will just overwhelm most of the weaker teams.
I thought yesterday United actually played better than they did in the Cup Final but didn't get the breaks this time. But we were also better yesterday than we were in the Final, even with a depleted team.

Last edited:
Either that or Rashford is a lying twat.
Based on his Walter Mitty defence story when he was caight speeding, I would suggest it's the latter.
He attended Ashton on Mersey School near the Carrington campus. As did all Trafford United academy people apparently since 1998!
He also got a BTEC National Diploma in Sport! I really really think you need to pick up a few books to do that. Especially at AIM School.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.