Community Shield | Sat 30th Jul, 17:00 @ King Power Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we expecting a full strength team?

I know the trophy is considered irrelevant by many but it would be nice to win.

We essentially threw the last 2 visits to Wembley imo Leicester and Liverpool.

Would be nice to go pretty much full strength.

Ederson

Walker
Dias
Laporte
Cancelo

Rodri
Phillips
Kdb

Grealish
Haaland
Foden

Set off like we mean business!

Going into the season well rested and a bit behind the other teams in terms of minutes played and match fitness seems to be the favoured method of Guardiola. Presumably the theory being you’ve a bit more left in the tank come April and May and finish the season the strongest.

And to be fair, you can’t really argue with how that’s turned out these last few seasons. So I’d be surprised if it was any different this year.

I’d also be very surprised to see Rhodri and Phillips in the same team very often.

Actually got tickets for this curtain raiser. Not been to this stadium, what’s the crack with parking? coach was offered when I bought the ticket for £15, with the price of fuel maybe that was the best bet.

Actually got tickets for this curtain raiser. Not been to this stadium, what’s the crack with parking? coach was offered when I bought the ticket for £15, with the price of fuel maybe that was the best bet.
I’ve just booked an NCP car park a 4 min walk away pal. It was £16.50. Welford Road it’s on.

I lived in Leicester for four years in the mid-1980s and never really liked it. I found the locals difficult to get on with. The only friends we had were Asian or other incomers to Leicester.

I rode through the City a few years back on my motorbike and ended up getting lost in the City Centre. We might have gone to the match but were put off by the transport issues.

Are we expecting a full strength team?

I know the trophy is considered irrelevant by many but it would be nice to win.

We essentially threw the last 2 visits to Wembley imo Leicester and Liverpool.

Would be nice to go pretty much full strength.

Ederson

Walker
Dias
Laporte
Cancelo

Rodri
Phillips
Kdb

Grealish
Haaland
Foden

Set off like we mean business!
I think Stones, Laporte, Foden and Gundogan are nailed on to play after missing the tour

I would guess at

Ederson
Walker
Cancelo
Stones (subbed by Dias 45)
Laporte
Rodri (Subbed by Phillips 45)
Kdb
Silva ((Subbed by Gundo 45)
Foden (Subbed by Grealish 60)
Haaland (subbed by Alvarez 60)
Mahrez (subbed by Palmer 60)

Won't be doing it, due to bad experiences against Arsenal and Leicester in recent years!

I acknowledge though, that this one will have a bit more needle to it, and really hope we batter them!

When I've been to Leicester in the past, I've always had a great drink in the Rutland and Derby.

Quality boozer. and about 20 mins walk from the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.