Community shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its manchester city and you have the shirt and badge on and your playing in a first class game at wembley its never a meaningless game in my book and you want to win, ok its not going to be our strongest team and the youth and eds will make up most of the squad but still its game on and come on city

The quantity of our support had gone up and the quality down over the last few years but thats the price of success.

Some people genuinely wont have the money(young families etc)but this is a national game so if you can get there you should if you call yourself a supporter.

I know Pep would appreciate the support and quite frankly after last season he deserves it.

To those going I salute you all!

There are lots of reasons people wont be going, but to suggest they are not supporters is ridiculous

I can afford it buy I'm not giving up a whole Sunday and all that hassle for a shitty friendly game.
I'm not knocking anyone who doesn't fancy it, but if I could choose an ideal Sunday it would probably involve watching City and having a few beers. As for 'shitty friendly', it'll be nice not to have any pressure on the result - and if we win I'll be reminding the rags how their manager considers it a major trophy.
I'm in and looking forward to it ;-)

There are lots of reasons people wont be going, but to suggest they are not supporters is ridiculous
I think what he's saying is there's posters posting I CAN afford to go have no other commitments that day but am not giving up my Sunday to watch a friendly, everyone's personal choice but surely there's other Sunday's you could have off if you have the finances and are available you should be there supporting the lads

I think what he's saying is there's posters posting I CAN afford to go have no other commitments that day but am not giving up my Sunday to watch a friendly, everyone's personal choice but surely there's other Sunday's you could have off if you have the finances and are available you should be there supporting the lads

In my eyes, it is a friendly.

Will our full team be avail? Is the match of any significant meaning other than a money spinner for the FA? Does losing mean the end is neigh? Might moneys be needed later in the season for a meaningful game?

Sunday night having to get back from London with many having work the next day, I can see why many are choosing not to attend. I salute all and everyone making the journey, but do not think those not attending are less of a supporter is what I am saying

Will our full team be avail? Is the match of any significant meaning other than a money spinner for the FA? Does losing mean the end is neigh? Might moneys be needed later in the season for a meaningful game?

Sunday night having to get back from London with many having work the next day, I can see why many are choosing not to attend. I salute all and everyone making the journey, but do not think those not attending are less of a supporter is what I am saying

Yeah we get it your not going, why do you keep posting. Some people have decided to go some haven't, but it appears that for some reason you want to pick a fight with people who are going.

Pep has called it a final. So I assume he will take it very seriously.

Staying Sunday night at the Holiday Inn Watford Junction - cheaper than the HI Express! Not looking forward to the walk from Wembley Central to the stadium, so I've checked the buses from across the road and one drops off just before you turn left to the ground, and a return stops outside the station! And I can use my bus pass!!
(Not allowed to walk too far atm on podiatrist's advice, and not very fit following losing 2 toes last year). The pubs at Watford Juction are well within my walking range, though, for food and refreshments afterward.
As long as they give a better showing than v Arsenal in the last CS, I'll be happy. It's not as if it's a trophy, is it? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.