Community Shield

Last year's game was the hottest day I can recall attending a football match, it was beyond blistering.

This year it's Sunday 4th August for sure, circa 3pm K.O. By 6pm on Sunday I had already booked my car parking on my usual drive just off Harrow Road. If it's Neverpool we play then I will take out the car stereo and remove my Picadilly 261 sticker from the windscreen.

We should all give it a miss as a protest against ridiculous FA ticket pricing and crazy kick off times.
Correct and why not play the game at the swamp instead of trekking down to London.

Last year's game was the hottest day I can recall attending a football match, it was beyond blistering.

This year it's Sunday 4th August for sure, circa 3pm K.O. By 6pm on Sunday I had already booked my car parking on my usual drive just off Harrow Road. If it's Neverpool we play then I will take out the car stereo and remove my Picadilly 261 sticker from the windscreen.

Don't forget your hub caps......if you have em !!!

We should all give it a miss as a protest against ridiculous FA ticket pricing and crazy kick off times.

Surprised there aren’t more saying this.
Looking forward to Saturday but still smarting from the great rip-off.
Of course they can charge what they like for the Cup Final and we will pay but when it comes to the Community Shield it’s a different dynamic.
The FA need us there in big numbers for their showpiece. If we could be absent AND get across the message why we were absent it would be very powerful.

It’s normally hard/impossible to boycott games but this one really is the ideal opportunity.
Apart from making a stand the combined travel costs of all City fans that day would be over £1million. That money could stay in the pockets of City fans to help pay for the next rip-off.

It’ll be like Scotland beating England in the Home International in 1967 - the Scots claimed they were World Champions. A dodgy 1:0 win to the Dippers courtesy of a Salah dive and they’ll be claiming a domestic treble and no doubt start a petition for us to hand over all the trophies.

Claimed? It's official up here ......

Reactions: nmc
Im boycotting this one. The FA are setting the prices on this game and not city so this will stick one to them if we skip it.

Im going to use the money instead to travel for Kompanys Testimonial on Sept 11th which will honor him and support the homeless charities of Manchester.

I encourage the rest of you to consider.

If we win on Saturday and end up playing Dippers in this then there's gotta be some kind of chant to remind them that they're only there cos we won the lot. Oh! and can someone remind me if they usually bring out the trophies before the kick-off? Gonna be a bit light on one side if they do!

Don't fancy all the hassle in the motorways/Wembley way if we play the dips, first time ever I'm thinking of ducking out on a Wembley trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.