Community Shield

Liverpool only lost it on some technicality ... I believe it was something to do with us having more points than them, or some such nonsense.
Their extra heart and their fans' passion (not to mention their 'istry) should be worth more than points. They are the true moral victors this season.

And oil money, FFP, blah, blah, blah as well.

100% we should be boycotting this as a stand against the unbelievable pricing from the FA.

If you're not going to do it in a televised friendly at Wembley we might as well just accept that we're gonna keep getting the piss taken out of us (and by us, I mean ALL FOOTBALL FANS) for pricing.
A boycott would be doubly effective if supporters of both clubs worked in tandem. It isn't yet a given that Watford won't be the opposition. There could be some kind of announcement next week if we win the Cup Final. Everybody is expecting it to be City v. Liverpool. If that proves to be the case is it not a perfect scenario for a mutual protest? Liverpool fans might just be up for it if things are co-ordinated properly.

I will not be going for the first time ever since my first visit seeing Dennis's overhead kick. Play it nearer home at a sensible time, at the right price and put a decent team out and I may reconsider.
There comes a time when you have to stop having the piss taken out of you just because of your love for your team. Stick the £7:20 hot dog up your ass .

A boycott would be doubly effective if supporters of both clubs worked in tandem. It isn't yet a given that Watford won't be the opposition. There could be some kind of announcement next week if we win the Cup Final. Everybody is expecting it to be City v. Liverpool. If that proves to be the case is it not a perfect scenario for a mutual protest? Liverpool fans might just be up for it if things are co-ordinated properly.

Mmmmm. Might be difficult co-ordinating things with Liverpool fans right now!

Don't think this is the game to boycott to be honest, If we don't turn up the stadium will just be full of Liverpool fans, A boycott by City fans won't work. It will just give everyone else the chance to slag our support again.

Surprised there aren’t more saying this.
Looking forward to Saturday but still smarting from the great rip-off.
Of course they can charge what they like for the Cup Final and we will pay but when it comes to the Community Shield it’s a different dynamic.
The FA need us there in big numbers for their showpiece. If we could be absent AND get across the message why we were absent it would be very powerful.

It’s normally hard/impossible to boycott games but this one really is the ideal opportunity.
Apart from making a stand the combined travel costs of all City fans that day would be over £1million. That money could stay in the pockets of City fans to help pay for the next rip-off.
this is just one more example of the FA emulating the NFL in the states and the Super Bowl where ticket prices are stupid high cus there are enough rich people who will always pay. other examples are fri and monday match days, and staggered start times on the weekends which spreads out more advertising time rather than all games being on at the same time like years ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.