Companies you have learned to despise

Morrisons, often put the wrong stuff under the wrong labels, so you think the product you’re buying in cheaper than it is. Really annoys me.
Yeah this is the new way. Lackadaisical, careless shit that pays off because we can't afford to pay attention to every last thing. It is baked into everything from customer service phone lines that cut you off, the queues that are so bad you give up.... it's just everywhere.

These aren't quite "Dark patterns" - those are deliberately crafted. This is usually just, yeah, there's a problem. But sr mgmt don't give a shit - they benefit from it it. Because people won't notice, can't do anything, don't have time to call you out. I actually think it's a bit worrying that there isn't a name for it yet. It is very noticeably increased over the last four, five years, and it's very harmful psychologically and undercuts the idea that the market responds to customer choice and dissatisfaction. I also think it makes work less rewarding for those at the sharp end.

Direct Line. No idea if they are a good, bad or indifferent insurer but their adverts during Red Eye and other programs on ITV are total and utter shite.

HMRC. I know they’re not a company but they owed me a refund and it took them 4 months to repay it. If it had been the other way round I’d have had to pay a penalty and interest. Tossers.

Their service is notoriously poor. Long wait times to speak to someone.

Called AO today and they set up a conference call with Sharp.. After some scathing comments from me I’ve just received an email saying that the missing parts will be delivered to my address within 48 hours.. time will tell if that’s true…

I’ve only been waiting since October :-D
Was wondering how you got on with this, I work at AO in customer service, well for the time being at least. Was going to DM you about it.

Their customer service is amongst the worst I’ve ever experienced
Correct, they still owe me £110 for a 'cheque' refund that never arrived. Only scab companies do that and their Customer Service from somewhere in Yorkshire was actually abusive. Only matched by BT's Call Centre in South Africa where they only stop partying long enough to shout at you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.