Complacency again

Marvin

First 10 minutes at Wembley reminded me of 2012/13

Started the game like we didn't care whilst Arsenal were well up for it

I thought we were a little unlucky as everything Arsenal tried came off, whilst we threatened them more than they did, but nothing fell for us, but that opening spell really annoyed me. You can't start games like that, and it just reminded me of City under Mancini after we won the title.

Newcastle will fancy their chances now, and so they should.

Marvin said:

I thought we were a little unlucky as everything Arsenal tried came off, whilst we threatened them more than they did, but nothing fell for us, but that opening spell really annoyed me. You can't start games like that, and it just reminded me of City under Mancini after we won the title.

F.R.I.E.N.D.L.Y.

aguero93:20 said:
Marvin said:

F.R.I.E.N.D.L.Y.
Tell that to the fans who could be bothered.

You don't go to Wembley and stroll the first minutes of the game

Friendly? That was embarrassing. Waiting to get the train back at Kings Cross, the TV screens were playing match reports of Arsenal Crushing City

Marvin said:

You live and learn lets hope pellers learns that if you play 442 v 451 against decent teams you will get overrun in midfield which happened today.

Marvin said:
Marvin said:

F.R.I.E.N.D.L.Y.

Friendly? That was embarrassing. Waiting to get the train back at Kings Cross, the TV screens were playing match reports of Arsenal Crushing City
Heard plenty who were there who realised we didn't have many players available esp at centre half which fucked us, chin up, we'll smash Newcastle next week.

Marvin said:
F.R.I.E.N.D.L.Y.

Heard plenty who were there who realised we didn't have many players available esp at centre half which fucked us, chin up, we'll smash Newcastle next week.
You reckon Kompany, Zabaleta, Demichelis etc can all make it within a week?

I hope so

But if we had started with some aggression we'd have probably won that game. We gave Arsenal loads of encouragement to attack at the start and that's what went wrong.

Marvin said:

Pretty much agree with everything you said but in all intents and purposes it was still only a friendly and we did have key players not involved. I'm usually the eternal pessimist but I can see us picking up a couple of pieces of silverware again this time round.

citymacc said:
Marvin said:

Pretty much agree with everything you said but in all intents and purposes it was still only a friendly and we did have key players not involved. I'm usually the eternal pessimist but I can see us picking up a couple of pieces of silverware again this time round.
I am very confident we will do well this season. Fernando looks like he will do a good job, and if we can sign Mangala and he gets up to speed quickly and Aguero gets fit, I think we'll have a great season

I don't like to see City fans and players taking Wembley for granted though. You have to work hard, and we did eventually but only when we were chasing the game

I'll wait until Newcastle before making serious criticism of our performances.

Those players in shirts and ties had better be fit and ready in 1 week because we have Liverpool in 2 weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.