Complacency again

Blue Haze said:
I'll wait until Newcastle before making serious criticism of our performances.

Those players in shirts and ties had better be fit and ready in 1 week because we have Liverpool in 2 weeks.
It's a friendly, but you can't not comment on it after spending the whole day getting there and back and shelling out around £100 plus in the process

We've also given Arsenal a shot in the arm, and encouraged Newcastle

We looked way way off where we should be on the verge of a new season. Only Jovetic, Kolarov, Silva and latterly Yaya looked like they were ready. And Kolarov went off with an injury

Friendly or not it was a trophy to be had and more importantly a winning mentality going into the start of the season. I felt sorry for those fans who went, they paid a lot of money and spent the day traveling. Even with a few of the first team out should've played a lot better.

I think it is now pretty clear that those running & managing the club only have 2 priorities:
The Champions League
The Premiership title

and in the above order. Domestic cups are not of any serious importance so the Charity Shield is not even remotely on the radar.
Some people may not be happy about this but at least we have a clear focus and intent.
I am 100% confident we will beat Newcastle next week and that we will retain our title.
I also think a semi-final spot in the CL is more than possible.

Due to this I am seriously thinking about sacking off the cup schemes for the FA & Capitol cups. It's to expensive to watch
a second 11 who really can't be arsed as per yesterday and just go the the Premiership & CL games. That's how it is. A few may not
agree with the above focused strategy but at least we know where to spend our money and where not.

Marvin said:
Blue Haze said:
I'll wait until Newcastle before making serious criticism of our performances.

Those players in shirts and ties had better be fit and ready in 1 week because we have Liverpool in 2 weeks.
It's a friendly, but you can't not comment on it after spending the whole day getting there and back and shelling out around £100 plus in the process

We've also given Arsenal a shot in the arm, and encouraged Newcastle

We looked way way off where we should be on the verge of a new season. Only Jovetic, Kolarov, Silva and latterly Yaya looked like they were ready. And Kolarov went off with an injury

I think it will be a slow start for us this year, combine our lack of pre season for our key players and a very tough first 5 or 6 games and we could have a very difficult first month. We will have to rely on the league games to get half our side match fit which is far from ideal. I do think we'll be ok though, we'll still pick up plenty of points in those first 6 games and once we do get our sharpness and fitness right we will be fine.

We've taken a calculated risk in giving the WC players the extra week off. That risk increased with Negredo and Aguero's fitness problems and the delay in signing Mangala.

If we get off to a bad start then people will accuse the club of complacency, repeating the mistakes of 2012 etc. But it is only the start of a very long season, hopefully including a longer CL campaign. Cant really judge whether the risk has been justified for several months.

And if we do beat Newcastle and Liverpool it will be a huge blow to our competitors

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.