Complacency again

Marvin said:
chris85mcfc said:
I was a bit lost when I first this thread yesterday, now someone had better send a search party out for me

Can't get my head around how you can say a squad is complacement after losing in a friendly where fitness is they key

If we hadn't have won the league last year we wouldn't have even played on Sunday, and if we had it would have been another meaningless friendly held in either Asia or America where the score would have been irrelevant like all the other friendlies

My guess is Marv is pissed off that he spent his hard earned on watching a half arsed team at Wembley, which like i said previously is understandable, but many of us saw that coming which is why i stayed away and just watched it on tele with very little interest

Season starts Sunday guys :)
I don't mean to keep this topic going, but seeing as you have replied, I will respond.....

I don't think the squad is necessarily complacent towards the season as a whole, but the first 20 minutes of that game, until Arsenal scored was marked by a lack of intensity.

And the biggest danger to City not fulfilling their potential this season is our mentality. I don't think that just because we disappointed at Wembley we will automatically disappoint in the rest of the League campaign, but that this something we need to look for in the opening weeks of the season. I hope it's also something that the manager as his coaching staff are looking for as well. It's the No. 1 issue as far as I am concerned and it will determine how successful we are.

We already know that we have the best team, or at the very least one of the best teams. How successful we are will depend on luck, our rivals, many things, but a big component will be our mentality and determination to win every game, and make every minute count. In 2012/13we started the season coasting. We went into games just kind of expecting our quality to count in the end instead of making it happen.

Marvin. I see what you're getting at, but have some faith in the manager and team. I'm sure we won't have the gelling and new system
problems we had early doors last year. Most of our blips last year were caused by injuries to key players at key times. Not saying we
didn't have off days, but was that down to mentality, or just one of those things. ie Us not up to it and the other side better on the day.

Anyway we won the league. Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah ;-)

Marvin said:
Is that a good likeness?

I dunno Marv, but what I do know is even that dog has more balls and more sense than you.

Do everyone a favour and log out until the season starts and hope/pray this abortion of a thread is long gone by the time you return.

Marvin said:
chris85mcfc said:
I was a bit lost when I first this thread yesterday, now someone had better send a search party out for me

Can't get my head around how you can say a squad is complacement after losing in a friendly where fitness is they key

If we hadn't have won the league last year we wouldn't have even played on Sunday, and if we had it would have been another meaningless friendly held in either Asia or America where the score would have been irrelevant like all the other friendlies

My guess is Marv is pissed off that he spent his hard earned on watching a half arsed team at Wembley, which like i said previously is understandable, but many of us saw that coming which is why i stayed away and just watched it on tele with very little interest

I don't mean to keep this topic going, but seeing as you have replied, I will respond.....

I don't think the squad is necessarily complacent towards the season as a whole, but the first 20 minutes of that game, until Arsenal scored was marked by a lack of intensity.

And the biggest danger to City not fulfilling their potential this season is our mentality. I don't think that just because we disappointed at Wembley we will automatically disappoint in the rest of the League campaign, but that this something we need to look for in the opening weeks of the season. I hope it's also something that the manager as his coaching staff are looking for as well. It's the No. 1 issue as far as I am concerned and it will determine how successful we are.

We already know that we have the best team, or at the very least one of the best teams. How successful we are will depend on luck, our rivals, many things, but a big component will be our mentality and determination to win every game, and make every minute count. In 2012/13we started the season coasting. We went into games just kind of expecting our quality to count in the end instead of making it happen.

Which is why Mancini got sacked because he couldn't motivate the team, and the falling out behind the scenes probably caused a lot of the problems on the pitch.

That won't happen again, stop fretting.

Also I noticed your comparisons to the likes of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal and how they keep on fighting to win consistently, the difference there is they are playing an individuals sport, they have to be fighters and winners or they will get found out. The difference in football is you can afford one or two players to be off the pace as 9 times out of 10 the quality of the other players will pull them through, and if it becomes a recurring theme where the same players are being complacement then the people in charge will have them replaced, you can't do that in individual sports.

I can't think of too many players in our squad now who you could label complacent, not on the back of winning a league and cup double.

Marvin has been repeatedly told that at the start of the 12/13 season we were unbeaten in the league until we played the rags in December. Yet still he's continuing his nonsense garbage narrative.

Mister Appointment said:
Marvin has been repeatedly told that at the start of the 12/13 season we were unbeaten in the league until we played the rags in December. Yet still he's continuing his nonsense garbage narrative.
By the time we had played the Derby we were 6 points behind them on 33 points. We'd played 16 games won 9, drawn 6 and lost 1. In the Champions League we'd lost to Dortmund, Ajax and Real Madrid, and we were out of the League Cup having been beaten at home by a poor Villa team.

The season ended with us sacking the manager, so without a doubt that season was regarded as one of under-achievement

Marvin said:
Mister Appointment said:
By the time we had played the Derby we were 6 points behind them on 33 points. We'd played 16 games won 9, drawn 6 and lost 1. In the Champions League we'd lost to Dortmund, Ajax and Real Madrid, and we were out of the League Cup having been beaten at home by a poor Villa team.

The season ended with us sacking the manager, so without a doubt that season was regarded as one of under-achievement

You sound like someone that lives in the past Marvin

chris85mcfc said:
Marvin said:
chris85mcfc said:

Which is why Mancini got sacked because he couldn't motivate the team, and the falling out behind the scenes probably caused a lot of the problems on the pitch.

That won't happen again, stop fretting.

Also I noticed your comparisons to the likes of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal and how they keep on fighting to win consistently, the difference there is they are playing an individuals sport, they have to be fighters and winners or they will get found out. The difference in football is you can afford one or two players to be off the pace as 9 times out of 10 the quality of the other players will pull them through, and if it becomes a recurring theme where the same players are being complacement then the people in charge will have them replaced, you can't do that in individual sports.

I can't think of too many players in our squad now who you could label complacent, not on the back of winning a league and cup double.
It's roughly the same pool of players who under-performed in 2012/13 capped by that woeful performance at the FA Cup Final

Time will tell. I am confident we'll do well this season, and I think we'll win the title, nevertheless one of the risks is a drop in application. I am sure if you were to talk with the coaching staff they will be wary of it too.

I'll leave it at that now as the points have all been made so apologies to anyone if I don't respond to your replies

Marvin said:
Mister Appointment said:

Selective rubbish but at least you've promised to fuck off and stop posting in the thread.

So we're clear, 6 points behind the rags in December AFTER we'd played the derby means we were 3 points behind them prior to it.

The season ENDED in May, not in December. You have consistently complained about our slow/poor start in the 12/13 campaign. This has been proven to be factually incorrect nonsense. Yet rather than apologise you obfuscate the truth behind empty rhetoric "The season ended with us sacking the manager". The manager was sacked because he'd lost the entire dressing room. The underachievement in truth came post the derby. It began if at all due to the manager at the time's public criticism of his players during the CL group stages.

This thread is wrong. You're wrong in the assertions made in your OP. The fact you've let this run for this long is as I have said repeatedly, a fucking embarrassment. Grow some balls.

Mister Appointment said:
Marvin said:
Mister Appointment said:

Selective rubbish but at least you've promised to fuck off and stop posting in the thread.

So we're clear, 6 points behind the rags in December AFTER we'd played the derby means we were 3 points behind them prior to it.

The season ENDED in May, not in December. You have consistently complained about our slow/poor start in the 12/13 campaign. This has been proven to be factually incorrect nonsense. Yet rather than apologise you obfuscate the truth behind empty rhetoric "The season ended with us sacking the manager". The manager was sacked because he'd lost the entire dressing room. The underachievement in truth came post the derby. It began if at all due to the manager at the time's public criticism of his players during the CL group stages.

This thread is wrong. You're wrong in the assertions made in your OP. The fact you've let this run for this long is as I have said repeatedly, a fucking embarrassment. Grow some balls.

You reckon Marvin's trying to reignite the Mancini wars, insinuating the players got his hero the sack, rather than his hero getting himself the sack? ;-)

Mister Appointment said:
Marvin said:
Mister Appointment said:

We were effectively out of Europe before we played the Maine Rd Derby, and we were out of the League Cup, and out of 15 League games we had drawn 6 and were 3 points behind a Utd team that had themselves lost 3 games. We were most definitely struggling by the high standards of the previous season. I'd say the club as a whole had grown complacent, and that was the assessment of many observers who referenced our transfers during the Summer (Rodwell and Garcia).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.