Complaint to BBC regarding Pete the Badge

Back to our friends the BBC. When the Mersyside derby was played on a Monday MOTD2 was put back until that night.This Monday the dippers play Leicester and guess what? Yes MOTD2 has been put back until Monday. When we played Bournemouth on Monday was MOTD2 put back until then?? What do you think!!

Its an all boys club with the scum and liverpool all around a table making decisions what matters to them!

No reply at all to my complaint yet.

EDIT...just checked email.

This was BBC reply:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.I’ve looked into this issue with my colleagues at BBC Sport and after further investigation we have found that the picture which was sourced from the Press Association had the name “Bertie” added in error without the due diligence we would normally expect from any level of BBC journalism and output following the name appearing on Twitter underneath the picture from the BBC Sport account. Originally, our editor thought that ‘Bertie’ came from our picture source.

After internal discussions, we are satisfied that there was no malice intended towards the individual pictured, or to City fans in general.

We accept that this was a sloppy error and fell well below the journalistic standards the audience rightly expects from the BBC.

We apologise again for any offence caused.

Kind regards

Katherine Tsang

Deputy Complaints ManagerBBC Audience Services

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Playing devil's advocate, the only point that I might dispute there is the "added in error" words. I can believe that an editor didn't know/notice, but it's not an error - it's done deliberately by some peabrain.

The "no malice intended" is dependent on the writer's definition of malice. If it's done in jest, then it's not malice.

Sometimes it is like we are invisible, I swear do we exist?? Now while I agree Chelsea will probably win the league with some to spare, we are second aren't we, two points ahead of Spurs??? Jason Roberts seems to have not spotted us there.

Jason Roberts

Former West Brom striker on Final Score

Posted at16:59
The top of the league feels over and done with in my opinion and it's been that way for a while.

Tottenham don't have the player power to challenge Chelsea.

Even when they are not playing well, they have those special players - Costa, Hazard and the rest - they are far above anyone else in this league.

And we have a response to my escalation of the Pete the Badge complaint. Make sure you're sitting down:

Sounds legit. Anyone can mistype 'City fan' as 'Bertie'. I do it all the time.

Too fucking right I'll be escalating that Katherine, particularly after you told me a complete pack of lies in the first place.
What do they mean added in error? Just by sheer chance they came up with Bertie! Obviously whoever did it knew it was a slight and meant it as a slight.

Back to our friends the BBC. When the Mersyside derby was played on a Monday MOTD2 was put back until that night.This Monday the dippers play Leicester and guess what? Yes MOTD2 has been put back until Monday. When we played Bournemouth on Monday was MOTD2 put back until then?? What do you think!!
There is only Spurs v Stoke on tomorrow so you can't really blame them.

What do they mean added in error? Just by sheer chance they came up with Bertie! Obviously whoever did it knew it was a slight and meant it as a slight.
Clearly it wasn't an "error". But at least they've moved on from "It was like that when we bought it, honest guv." The wording is very careful and doesn't explicitly say they added it but that's what they seem to be implying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.