Complaint to BBC regarding Pete the Badge

Tba9YFv.png

Apparently knowing how to use quotation marks are no longer a requirement to be a BBC journalist, as evidenced by this fabricated quote on their home page.

They really are trying to compete with the tabloids.

I particularly liked this one from his write up:-

"Liverpool felt they were denied a penalty when Sadio Mane tumbled under a challenge from Nicolas Otamendi in the first half, although the striker also inadvertently made contact with his own leg as he shaped to shoot after escaping the City defender with embarrassing ease."

It's badly written, but I think it's meant to mean that Mane was the one made the contact.
I could argue that Otamendi didn't make a challenge, but it's not the worst line ever written.

Um. it has this line:
"...while City were furious their penalty claims were ignored as Sterling went down under a challenge from Milner as he closed in on a finish in the six-yard area."

You've read the first mention, but no the one later on, unless it's been edited of course!

just looked at the report again and McNulty appears to have edited the Oliver section of the report , his original only mentioned the Sterling miss in the first paragraph , wish i had posted the link of the original , back tracking BBC strike again.

Another reply to my second follow up complaint. Thick at the complaints team ?

BBC complaints team said:
Dear Mr mcvs

Reference CAS-4264**** -+++++

Thanks for contacting us again regarding ‘Match of the Day’.

It’s unclear from your comments why you’ve contacted us again; what your point is or what you’re asking.

Please know that we responded to your previous correspondence on the 24 February – we provide a copy of that response again here for your convenience:

“Dear Mr MCVS

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I’ve looked into this issue with my colleagues at BBC Sport and after further investigation we have found that the picture which was sourced from the Press Association had the name “Bertie” added in error without the due diligence we would normally expect from any level of BBC journalism and output following the name appearing on Twitter underneath the picture from the BBC Sport account. Originally, our editor thought that ‘Bertie’ came from our picture source.

After internal discussions, we are satisfied that there was no malice intended towards the individual pictured, or to City fans in general.

We accept that this was a sloppy error and fell well below the journalistic standards the audience rightly expects from the BBC.

We apologise again for any offence caused.

Kind regards

Katherine Tsang

Deputy Complaints Manager
BBC Audience Services”

We hope this is helpful and thanks again for getting in touch.

Kind regards

Stuart Webb
BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

See John Stones is being slagged again by Waddle and Custis on Radio 5. These morons can barely string two words together. The quality of journalism on the BBC has never been lower. They we're put to shame by the German journalist Raph Honigstein.
How can someone who does not even do basic research like Custis steal a living. Why is the BBC pandering to the tabloid agenda?
Stones has been our best player for the last two months and easily the best English defender in the Premier League.

See John Stones is being slagged again by Waddle and Custis on Radio 5. These morons can barely string two words together. The quality of journalism on the BBC has never been lower. They we're put to shame by the German journalist Raph Honigstein.
How can someone who does not even do basic research like Custis steal a living. Why is the BBC pandering to the tabloid agenda?
Stones has been our best player for the last two months and easily the best English defender in the Premier League.

Better than Phil Jones? Now you're just being silly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.