Computer help

shadygiz said:
Carver said:
shadygiz said:
its got 4gb of ram and a 2.6ghz dual core 64-bit processor.

it also has a dual layer DVD, which means you can burn DVD's on each side of the disk (if you buy dual layer dvds) so you get 8.5gb on a DVD disk rather than the normal 4gb for 1 side of the disk.

it has wifi, bluetooth and 3 usb portsbacklit brightview LED screen

it has onboard HD graphics but no HDMI out port so you cant link to HDTV or HD Monitor

The Layers are on the same side of the disk at different levels. The top layer is semi-transparent and the laser shines through it to read & write from the bottom layer. Yes, you have to buy dual layer DVDs

hehe, cheers mate....i was trying to keep it in laymans terms ;)

If you flipped them over I'd have bolloxed a few up by now sticking labels on. Sorry Shady but I just had to catch the tech master out ;-)

sergiokun said:
simmers said:
sergiokun said:
£100 mate he claims it's nearly brand new i am just trying to get some more information now

Get the serial number from him and enter it here <a class="postlink" href="http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/wc/home?ac.admitted=1364492049020.876444892.492883150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/h ... .492883150</a>, it will give you the purchase date and tell you how much warranty (if any) is remaining

Thanks for the help mate appreciate it

Worth the money mate, it's still in warranty

For more information about the warranty and HP care pack results below, view Help.

Results listed by product

Compaq Presario CQ57-421EA NBPC ALL SN: 5CB2121CP2

Compaq Presario CQ57-421EA NBPC ALL SN: 5CB2121CP2 View details
Type Identifier Service type Start date End date Status
Base Warranty 5CB2121CP2 Wty: HP HW Maintenance Offsite Support 16-Sep-2012 15-Sep-2013 Active
Wty: HP Support for Initial Setup 16-Sep-2012 15-Mar-2013 Expired

Looking for some help, if anyone knows the answer?

I bought a PC off EBay last week.

Description

See spec. (Picture)
Will be factory reset so will require nvidia drivers installing
Fully working, only selling due to not using anymore.

I’ve connected the EBay PC to my monitor via a HDMI cable to HDMI 1, but there are no images of the desktop icons on the monitor screen, just a blank screen.
The PC is working.

Before setting up the Ebay computer, my other computer that continually keeps on crashing with error messages, was working, and was showing the desktop icons on the monitor via HDM1.

Does anyone know what the problem is with the EBay computer, and why nothing is showing on the monitor?

Thanks.

Description

See spec. (Picture)

I’ve connected the EBay PC to my monitor via a HDMI cable to HDMI 1, but there are no images of the desktop icons on the monitor screen, just a blank screen.
The PC is working.

Before setting up the Ebay computer, my other computer that continually keeps on crashing with error messages, was working, and was showing the desktop icons on the monitor via HDM1.

Does anyone know what the problem is with the EBay computer, and why nothing is showing on the monitor?

Thanks.
Have you plugged your HDMI on the PC side of things to the GPU and not the motherboard HDMI..
Might be that.

Description

See spec. (Picture)

The PC is working.

Thanks.
I assume you've gone into Start>Settings>System>Display and selected either extend or duplicate.

Have you plugged your HDMI on the PC side of things to the GPU and not the motherboard HDMI..
Might be that.

I plugged the HDMI cable into the single HDM1 slot on the back of the PC?

I assume you've gone into Start>Settings>System>Display and selected either extend or duplicate.

No. I’ve just plugged the PC in, started it, which it does, and expected the desktop icons to show up on the monitor. There is nothing in the screen. Just blank.

Is the 1stbpicture of any use? Does it show the current setup well enough to both of you so either if you can tell me what I need to do to make any changes to it, if I need to make changes to it?

CEAF4-A33-4814-494-F-8589-08853788-CF08.jpg

397961-AF-C7-D0-41-C7-AEBE-9305004-E38-E9.jpg

I plugged the HDMI cable into the single HDM1 slot on the back of the PC?

No. I’ve just plugged the PC in, started it, which it does, and expected the desktop icons to show up on the monitor. There is nothing in the screen. Just blank.

Is the 2nd picture of any use? Does it show the current setup well enough to both of you so either if you can tell me what I need to do to make any changes to it?

CEAF4-A33-4814-494-F-8589-08853788-CF08.jpg

397961-AF-C7-D0-41-C7-AEBE-9305004-E38-E9.jpg

Don't stick it in that HDMI, stick it in your graphics card HDMI which will be horizontal and lower down.

Don't stick it in that HDMI, stick it in your graphics card HDMI which will be horizontal and lower down.

The graphics card doesn’t have the driver. The owner deleted the driver when he factory reset the PC. I can’t download the driver and run it because I can’t get the monitor to come on, so I can download the driver.

Apologies if I’m coming across thick, but I really haven’t got a clue about PC’s. Thanks for the help everyone. :-)

The graphics card doesn’t have the driver. The owner deleted the driver when he factory reset the PC. I can’t download the driver and run it because I can’t get the monitor to come on, so I can download the driver.

Apologies if I’m coming across think, but I really haven’t hit a clue about PC’s. Thanks for the help everyone. :-)

It doesn't matter it will still turn on and default to windows display adapter, plug it in and turn it on again :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.