Computer/Internet Privacy Tips

The idea that Linux is difficult for a casual user has never really resonated with me.
I installed Linux onto my parents laptop and I very rarely get asked for tech support, if anything less than I would get if they were on Windows.
If I had a secondary non gaming system I'd definitely use Linux on that

Linux is great imo but some of the command stuff can be pretty intense.

Linux is great imo but some of the command stuff can be pretty intense.
Eh it's mostly copy and paste in my experience, unless you need to do some serious work it can tough, but the average user doesn't.
I like both but prefer Mint.

What are the flaws in Mint please mate?
Mainly security issues such as how they don't give you the default regular updates you get with Ubuntu (Mint is based off Ubuntu) by default and are listed as non recommend updates.
It's my preference personally but I'd say go Ubuntu and then a desktop environment that you feel comfortable with

Eh it's mostly copy and paste in my experience, unless you need to do some serious work it can tough, but the average user doesn't.Mainly security issues such as how they don't give you the default regular updates you get with Ubuntu (Mint is based off Ubuntu) by default and are listed as non recommend updates.
It's my preference personally but I'd say go Ubuntu and then a desktop environment that you feel comfortable with

Mint 19.1 does this I think? I get a list of security / program updates on start up each day.

I meant the command stuff is a bit daunting if coming over from
windows.

One thing I’ve really noticed is that streaming the footy is so much better on Linux. Any idea why this is?

Mint 19.1 does this I think? I get a list of security / program updates on start up each day.

I meant the command stuff is a bit daunting if coming over from
windows.

One thing I’ve really noticed is that streaming the footy is so much better on Linux. Any idea why this is?

I could be going on outdated knowledge since I use Ubuntu and windows on my pc and haven't touched mint in a while, especially since their isos being hacked debacle.
Perhaps it is but I've always been willing to learn and 99% of the time it's copy and paste.
A good question on the football, in what sense do you mean it's better?

I use Linux as a primary system and play plenty of AAA games on it for those wondering.

I could be going on outdated knowledge since I use Ubuntu and windows on my pc and haven't touched mint in a while, especially since their isos being hacked debacle.
Perhaps it is but I've always been willing to learn and 99% of the time it's copy and paste.
A good question on the football, in what sense do you mean it's better?

Plays better hardly any lagging, if any. On windows it was a twat of a job getting a stream to play nicely. Also, on Mint there doesn’t seem to be any need to use a vpn when streaming.

Plays better hardly any lagging, if any. On windows it was a twat of a job getting a stream to play nicely. Also, on Mint there doesn’t seem to be any need to use a vpn when streaming.
Must say that's bizarre, do you have a lower end machine? Perhaps windows wasn't efficient with your system resources in comparison to mint

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.