Computer/Internet Privacy Tips

I use two email addresses, and both of them are compromised, i.e. hackers have broken into site(s) I visit and have stolen the username, email address and password. I've even had blackmail attempts with the criminal emailing me telling me his knows my email and password and demanding money. Fortunately he said my password was u^zDRyJmr8wCX1&z#u$W so I had nothing to fear as I knew it's unique and where it came from (LinkedIn). If I had used the password across multiple sites, I would have been in deep trouble.

I have installed the Last Pass extension on the brave browser (Which I am very pleased with) and app on my phone, for the first time in my browsing history I couldn't tell you what my passwords are :)

Question ...... if I have my monthly budget and important phone numbers saved on a stick/flash drive can I password protect it ? so if its lost nobody can get the info ?
Yes, there's lots of free tools which will enable you to do this.

I use Veracrypt. If you put veracrypt on the memory stick as well, then you can open your encypted folder if you need to when your out and about and don't have your PC with you - on a computer in a hotel business centre or at an airport or whatever.

I'm not giving my secrets away to Government shills online. Your tricks won't work here, GCHQ
Computers that hide behind multiple security layers are often highlighted as targets of interest by the security services, but it depends if you have any other stuff going on, such as out of the ordinary financial behaviour, or social media connections with other targets of interest.

The sheer numbers involved means that not every suspicious connection gets investigated, but it will be on a list somewhere.

Computers that hide behind multiple security layers are often highlighted as targets of interest by the security services, but it depends if you have any other stuff going on, such as out of the ordinary financial behaviour, or social media connections with other targets of interest.

The sheer numbers involved means that not every suspicious connection gets investigated, but it will be on a list somewhere.

If you're doing computer security correctly, they won't know that you're hiding behind multiple security layers.

If you're doing computer security correctly, they won't know that you're hiding behind multiple security layers.
That is true.

Terrorist are becoming increasingly tech savvy, and determined paedophiles certainly know their way round the dark web. With the standards of data cryptography these days, it is becoming pretty much impossible to decrypt anything you don't want to be seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.