Conceded 2 in 9 games.

Well that has been one of the things I have been impressed with since Mancini took over... immediatly we stopped conceding 2-3 goals and started acting like a defence... that without any new players coming in... this is so important! and now we are seeing it more clearly... I truly think that Hart, Kolo and Kompany are a big reason why we are so hard to beat... Hart is so important in how he steers the defence... its easy to forget that...

Last time Everton qualified for the CL, finishing fourth, they did it with eleven 1-0 wins - ELEVEN! - and every pundit out there was salivating over how brilliant Moyes was.

Not an anti Hughes post but just read on Sky Sports Blog (I think) that under Hughes we conceded 1.4 goals per game whereas under Mancini we have conceded 0.70 goals per game. So far this season 0.333 goals per game :)

PL games only

J-Bay Blue said:
Stillsy said:
Spot on it also seems that De Jong, Barry and Yaya have gelled and are creating a great partnership!!

Agree with this - our midfield destroyed Liverpool and strangled Chelsea yesterday.,
I also REALLY like the cool calm and collected way theat we keep possession in defence, and do not hoof the ball upfield or kick and hope, thereby inviting more waves of attack.

Havent you heard J ?? we're like bolton now according to some pundits..

dave_blue12 said:
Not an anti Hughes post but just read on Sky Sports Blog (I think) that under Hughes we conceded 1.4 goals per game whereas under Mancini we have conceded 0.70 goals per game. So far this season 0.333 goals per game :)

PL games only

Yes, but under Hughes we scored 300 goals every game and, more importantly, we won every game... didn't we?

;0)

It's a terrific record, we'll be some side if we can start putting a few more in the other end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.