Confirmed: Nathan Ake signs 5 year contract

From what I’ve seen, I like the signing.

He seems a little more expensive that I thought he would be but that’s neither here nor there.

Reasonably young but with plenty of experience. Stones and Otamendi have had their time/chance and I think Ake is a definite upgrade

Will Ake and Torres start training with us - Im presumming they can now they have officially signed (I know they cannot play for us in the champs league)

Starting training with us as soon as possible would only be an advantage

From what I’ve seen, I like the signing.

He seems a little more expensive that I thought he would be but that’s neither here nor there.

Reasonably young but with plenty of experience. Stones and Otamendi have had their time/chance and I think Ake is a definite upgrade
To clarify, Otta has had his time, Stones has had his chance. Otta has always, in my opinion, played to the top of his ability, and age is now not on his side. Stones has had his chance, but has never delivered what we all expected. So when Otta goes, I would say thanks for always giving your best, to Stones I would say, you wasted your chance mate, for reasons most of us will probably never understand.

Will Ake and Torres start training with us - Im presumming they can now they have officially signed (I know they cannot play for us in the champs league)

Starting training with us as soon as possible would only be an advantage

Yup.

Also,one of stones / nico is gone , maybe both if we get koulibaly

Yup.

Also,one of stones / nico is gone , maybe both if we get koulibaly

Think Otamendi is certain to go (hopefully)

I think Garcia will be gone (Barca(

If the Newcastle takeover had gone through maybe Stones would have gone there but now I cant see it

Stones Koulibaly, Laporte and Ake is a strong 4 for centre half.

I understand but you can't say he is replacing him when in reality he won't replace him as RCB, tbh I am not sure Stones will leave yet either.

I think people are too hung up on left and right-footed players. You replace players, not feet or positions. It’s a bit like saying Ferran Torres is not replacing Sané because he’s right footed. I’m sure Aké will play both LCB and RCB, but what makes me sure about him replacing Stones is they’re the same age, they are both centrebacks and they both count as homegrown. If we kept Stones, I do think City would have bought Pau Torres instead.

According to a club source (read on twitter), Citys four CBs next season will be Koulibaly (or alternative), Aké, Laporte and Garcia.

I could be wrong but I hope not as we need an overhaul.

Very pleased. Hope he does well.

Have criticised Txiki and the club in the past when it has come to dithering on signings but they've been brilliant this summer.

Nathan Ake: “#ManCity have been the best side in England over the course of the last decade. Coming here is a dream for me. This is a top side full of world-class players. Everywhere you look in this squad there are big names with international pedigree

Nathan Ake: “I know I’m going to have to work hard to get into the side, but that’s what I’m here to do. I’ll do whatever I can to make an impact and help the team win silverware.”

Nathan Ake: “Pep is a manager admired across the world – what he’s done in the game speaks for itself. The success he’s had is unbelievable and the style of football he plays really appeals to me.

Txiki Begiristain: "Nathan is a quality defender. He was a leader during his time at Bournemouth. I'm so pleased we’ve managed to bring him. He’s strong and quick, and we feel he has the technical and intellectual attributes needed to excel in Pep’s setup.

Txiki Begiristain: “Working with this squad, which is full of world-class players, will raise his level, and we are looking forward to seeing what he can achieve here in the coming years.” [via
@ManCity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.