Confirmed: Nathan Ake signs 5 year contract

I saw on newsnow that the Mirror are running a story about how Chelsea and United 'snubbed' the chance to sign Ake. That's despite the cringeworthy video of OGS trying to tap up Ake. The bitterness is laughable, but they have to do what their pay masters tell them I suppose...

Yes, just seen the headline. We obviously got very lucky because they probably didn't want him anyway. Or maybe they've been knocked back on the 140m loan.

A good chunk of money for someone that's unlikely to be a starter. However, I wonder if its so high to avoid Chelsea taking their option up on him. I must admit every time I have seen him he has looked pretty good and having someone with pace the way we play is really important.

IIRC he wasn’t available for anything less than £60million a year ago.
We got him at a discount of circa 32%, which is a fantastic price for a player of his talent, especially with a home grown tag.
Chelsea had a first refusal on the price but that that would be reliant upon striking an agreement with the player.
Ake wanted to play under Pep so Chelsea’s option simply wasn’t viable.
I think the doubters will learn to love Nathan Ake once they see how well he deals with 1 on 1’s and how his pace and composure improve our resistance to hoof ball tactics.

Last edited:
I saw on newsnow that the Mirror are running a story about how Chelsea and United 'snubbed' the chance to sign Ake. That's despite the cringeworthy video of OGS trying to tap up Ake. The bitterness is laughable, but they have to do what their pay masters tell them I suppose...
I went shopping in Waitrose yesterday.
I was apparently snubbed by Sainsbury’s and Tesco.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.