Confused about 2 job offers, help

What do you mean by electrical engineer? It's covers a vast spectrum. I worked in semiconductors for 20 years. 15 of them were doing rotating 12 hour shifts. It you have a job offer on days, take it. The shift pay might be better but it will take years off your life. I earn less now than I was doing, but I am far happier doing Mon - Fri days. Rotating shifts fuck you right up.
I work on transmission planning and energy markets here. My shift is basically going to be 12 hours night for 3 days, a day off, then 3 day shifts for 3 more days and then 4 days off.

Take the San Diego one, guy I used to work with went to a Microsoft conference there before doing some work in Houston, he raved about San Diego.

Also, the bigger company will be better on your CV, there might be a possibility to come off shifts too? Worst case get another job in 12 months if it wrecks your head and blame the shifts and get more money.

I work on transmission planning and energy markets here. My shift is basically going to be 12 hours night for 3 days, a day off, then 3 day shifts for 3 more days and then 4 days off.
I worked 12hr continental shifts 20 years ago and always felt fucked. Getting off them was the best thing i did. Take regular hours if you can.

I have always worked days. Because of covid and no mixing of shifts, we had to do 6=2 and 2=10 shifts for just over a year. Didn't mind early shift but was always tired. Hated late shift, just sat about waiting for work, watching the clock.I couldn't wait to get back on days. The thought of adding a night shift as well would be a killer. Job 2 is your best option, in my opinion, for what its worth. Good luck in your choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.