Confusion about Adam Johnson

Mancini said at the beginning of the season that he has a lot to learn and isn't the superstar he might think he is - yet!

Johnson needs to learn to become more visible and get himself into more space. He seems to be so easy to mark out of the game as he just wanders about waiting for the ball to be played rather than getting himself into space where getting the outcome is more likely to be a decent shot or cross rather than him lose it as he runs into four defenders.

Once again Mancini's controversial decision proves to be spot on.

jay_mcfc said:
I don't think there's much more to it than he simply isn't playing well. Kudos to Mancini for taking him off the other night instead of Balotelli because the vultures on here and in the press would have been circulating had we not won after Johnson's little hissy fit.

He's started games regularly recently and not contributed too much so he has no real right to throw a strop when he's subbed. That said he is young and I already think Mancini is having a positive effect on him so he will come again. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench on Sunday though with Balo on the left and Dzeko up top.

I think that hissy fit was at himself for not playing to well

WNRH said:
You saw on Monday why Johnson doesn't play on the left, he tried to beat his man twice but couldn't get passed him. He plays on the right because his quick feet allow him to beat the defender either way.

He really should be spending at least an hour every day on his right foot.
One thing that perked my interest was his best cross of the night at Blackburn was delivered on the right with his right foot. Gives me hope. At least he tracks back now.

He hasnt kicked on from last season. This season apart from a couple of games here and there he doesnt have the end product that we need. If he runs at defenders he can get to them but this season they have worked him out. To be honest at times I wouldnt have minded seeing SWP given a chance down the right instead of Johnson out there.
Depending on who we sign at the end of the season his place will be up for grabs been given a run of games but hasnt shown a lot. Against Liverpool Mancini should of had him on the left attacking there new right back but left him on the right. Needs to get his head down and work hard on all his game. I wouldnt mind seeing a Jesus Navas on the wing for us if we can get him.

LoveCity said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Don't forget AJ himself has said he prefers to play on the right.

If that's true then it renders my theory dead but to me he looks more dangerous on the left because on the right he's always cutting in and almost never puts in a decent cross as a result. On the left he could whip more balls in to Dzeko and/or Balotelli and whoever else is in there.

I've been saying this for ages especially if Dzeko starts and gives us some height in the middle.

It was obvious he should of swapped wings against the Dippers, with a young kid making his debut it would of been the perfect time to put pressure on him.

Maybe if Sánchez joins he'll be tried out on the left more often?

WNRH said:
You saw on Monday why Johnson doesn't play on the left, he tried to beat his man twice but couldn't get passed him. He plays on the right because his quick feet allow him to beat the defender either way.

He really should be spending at least an hour every day on his right foot.

Completely agree, but do players spend time doing extra work these days? How people like Gareth Barry, Martin Petrov etc can get to play at this level and have so little ability on their ''wrong foot'' is beyond belief. Personally I think all players should practice, or be made to practice with their other foot as it opens up so many more options.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.