Congestion Charge - Informal exit poll

I think the Government have fixed the weather and the traffic problems it has caused just before people vote so that people are more likely to vote Yes!

Edit: And they put the blues and rags at home on the same night so that the rush hour was horrific.

I VOTED YES ----- WHEN ARE WE EVER GOING TO GET THIS AMOUNT OF CASH INVESTED IN OUR TRANSPORT SYSTEMS IN YEARS TO COME --- NEVER ---- LETS LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE AND FOR YEARS TO COME AND NOT JUST SHORT TERM , THATS WHY THE SCHOOLS AND PARENTS ARE BEING POINTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

i know plenty of people who have voted 'yes', including myself. of the 'no' voters, none of them seem to be aware of the facts! some people can't grasp the fact that the congestion charge only applies monday to friday and between 0700 and 0930 hrs.

anyway, i've got news for the 'no' voters. this improvement is more than likely to go ahead no matter what the result of the referendum. the big difference will be that we will ALL have to pay in some form or other. most likely in council tax! the only other possibility would be to slap a tax on parking your car. congratulations.

badge said:
i know plenty of people who have voted 'yes', including myself. of the 'no' voters, none of them seem to be aware of the facts! some people can't grasp the fact that the congestion charge only applies monday to friday and between 0700 and 0930 hrs.

at first perhaps yes ( you forget to mention the evening times btw)

but like London it wont be long before it will be all day, the cost will go up and the zones will spread outwards

i just happen to be voting for the transport improvements, not the congestion charge. i actually think the charge should only apply to people travelling directly into 'town' so i believe a fairer way is a tax on car parking.

badge said:
i just happen to be voting for the transport improvements, not the congestion charge. i actually think the charge should only apply to people travelling directly into 'town' so i believe a fairer way is a tax on car parking.

I see what you mean, but I think that those who want public transport improvements aren't the ones who drive cars. Uktimately, it's the car drivers who will pay for the improvements. Or am I wrong? I usually am.

Joycee Banercheck said:
badge said:

I see what you mean, but I think that those who want public transport improvements aren't the ones who drive cars. Uktimately, it's the car drivers who will pay for the improvements. Or am I wrong? I usually am.

i drive a car but usually always tram it into town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.