Congratulations and Well Done!

what a great thread, I popped in to say the same as shafter

I met some really top MC fans on the tube and around and about, great banter and respect.

I wish we had won but it wasn't to be. Well done, top day

:)

Shafter said:
Just thought i'd drop in to offer you all my congratulaions on lifting the FA Cup yesterday.

The better team won and i have no shame in saying that.

Hope you all had a great day, and even though we lost it was the most amazing experience in my 27 years as a Stoke supporter. From the moment we desended on baker street at 9am and took over the globe i thought the banter between Stoke and Man City fans was second to none. Everyone enjoying the day, shaking hands, drinking together and wishing each other all the best.....it's what it's all about.

The tube rides were great banter too and apart from a few minor skirmishes i thought both sets of fans were a credit to their clubs.

We stayed over last night and a great night out bumping into other stoke and man city fans everywhere without a hint of trouble.

So all in all a top day all round. See you tuesday but don't rub it in too much eh!!! ;-)

You were a credit to your club and it was a top day all round.

Good luck in Europe!!! (But not on Tuesday ;-)

Agree with lots of posters on this thread. I saw some good friendly banter with the Stoke fans leaving the coach park after the game and was impressed that the Stoke fans stayed for the presentations at the end - contrast couldn't be greater from the semi-final.

Didn't see any trouble before or after the game-really felt it was 2 sets of fans enjoying a cup final - something neither has experienced for a long time.

Let's hope the friendly banter continues on Tueday.

Can only re-iterate all the other posts.
The Stoke supporters were brilliant all day from what i experienced.
Even doing the Poznan with us waiting for the trains at Wembley Central - AFTER the game.
How good is that.
A total credit to their club.

-- Sun May 15, 2011 10:35 pm --

Lightwood said:
We went in to London after for a few beers and ended up having some food at Pizza Express in Leicester Square.

There was a large group of Man City fans in the downstairs area celebrating a birthday. One chap came over to our table had a good natter about the match and then came back with some champagne and birthday cake.

Similar experience of great banter back at the hotel in Watford, so despite the disappointment of the result I thought the atmosphere between both sets if fans was first class.

Hopefully some bridges have been built and our reputation somewhat enhanced.

You're fans were a total credit to your club all day mate.
We stayed at Dury's in Watford - mostly blue but the Stoke fans we did meet were sound.
Stoke supporters were even doing the Poznan with us at Wembley Central station - AFTER the game.
That's pure class mate.
And a massive difference to the group of geordies we bumped into in the Wetherspoons in Watford down for the Chelsea game - who seemed to think they wree the only ones with the right to sing....and basically just got plain nasty.
Anyway - well done. You did your club proud in every way yesterday,.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.