Considering our record, is a DRAW at Spurs a good point?

id take a draw.hope we win obviously!very tough place to get a result.
were gonna have to defend like our lives depend on it.

With our defence a point away from home against a side we have a shocking record against and that is fighting for a top 4 spot must be seen as a very good result.

We cant keep a clean sheet, our defence is shot to pieces, so I cant see anyway we will win this game. A draw would therfore be an excellent result IMO.

I have us down for a point against spuds, home wins against Sunderland and Stoke (wont be easy) and a point away to Wolves. I think this is realisic given how poor our defence is.

8 points from 12 is much better than we have been getting of late and would see us in or around the top 4 come 1st january (I think Liverpool will get 10 points from the next 4 games, Spuds and Villa 5)

Any hopes I have of a top 4 finish at this stage our based on us buying a quality left back, right back and right winger in January (unlikley) that and Hughes managing to acheive something he has not since he has been at the club - putting our a defence that can actually defend and keep clean sheets.

A draw is always a good result at Spurs. We do need to go for it from the off, we seem to start off slowly at the moment. Lets grab the game and get at em.

Nreddishblue said:
A draw is always a good result at Spurs. We do need to go for it from the off, we seem to start off slowly at the moment. Lets grab the game and get at em.
On paper Spurs and Chelsea away will be our two toughest away fixtures of the season, because both have some great forwards, and we look like we're sticking with our 4 forwards no matter what the opposition.

Of course a point at Spurs would be a good result. I expect us to get beat, and possibly by 2 or 3. It's hard enough defending against Lennon and Defoe with a full strength defence, but without Bridge and Bellamy on the left hand side, I shudder to think about the space they are going to find.

The Fixer said:
Some interesting comment...<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/9510-spurs-v-man-city.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/p ... -city.html</a>
Bloody hell i thought our forum was negative, most of them thing they will get beat or draw.
If Rag fans think we're bitter they should take a look at that.

How can a draw be a good result?

It's one point.

The only way a draw can be seen as a good result is if you have already accepted that 4th place is the best we can possibly achieve this season. To my mind, that's where the real negativity is.

3 points at home, 1 point away = top 4

And within that general rule there are exceptional fixtures i.e. grounds where you should win away to make up for grounds where you will probably lose away, or drop points at home

And 1 point away at Spurs = dropped points at home for Spurs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.