Conspiracy theories......

Isaac Newton, who set back scientific thought thousands of years…

“In his famous Principia, Newton wrote: “This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all. . . . The Supreme God is a Being eternal, infinite, absolutely perfect . . . and from his true dominion it follows that the true God is a living, intelligent, and powerful Being. . . . He is not eternity and infinity, but eternal and infinite; he is not duration or space, but he endures and is present.” [7]

Newton also wrote, “When I wrote my treatise about our system I had an eye upon such principles as might work with considering men for the belief of a Deity; and nothing can rejoice me more than to find it useful for that purpose.””
There may well have been earlier Einsteins and Newtons if religion hadn't had held back science for so many years.

Hundreds of years of being ruled by a bullying, controlling, blackmailing religion that we now know is false.

There may well have been earlier Einsteins and Newtons if religion hadn't had held back science for so many years.

Hundreds of years of being ruled by a bullying, controlling, blackmailing religion that we now know is false.
Am not sure all scientists would share your conclusions. No matter. But what if the essential nature of a united universe was benevolent? Within that, there is free will to experience life as separate from that unity and thus lacking benevolence? Could/would this perspective bring about new possibilities for healing the likes of cancer (which would appear to be more malevolent than benevolent)? Such a bad thing to explore?

Am not sure all scientists would share your conclusions. No matter. But what if the essential nature of a united universe was benevolent? Within that, there is free will to experience life as separate from that unity and thus lacking benevolence? Could/would this perspective bring about new possibilities for healing the likes of cancer (which would appear to be more malevolent than benevolent)? Such a bad thing to explore?
I'm sure ALL modern scientists WOULD agree with my opinion. The universe is neither benevolent nor malevolent... it's indifferent. From our point of view, that is.

I'm sure ALL modern scientists WOULD agree with my opinion. The universe is neither benevolent nor malevolent... it's indifferent. From our point of view, that is.
Would beg to differ. Reading some of the works of scientists quoted earlíer, would hint as to why. But anyway, was looking at the etymology of conspiracy/conspiring and it has this

“Middle English, from Anglo-French conspirer, from Latin conspirare to be in harmony, conspire, from com- + spirareto breathe”

Might suggest that much of this world actually prefers non-conspiracy theories and practices - scientists, religionists, atheists etc amongst them. And ’spirit’ also comes from breath, maybe it is worth considering that spirit/essence (call it whatever) has a role to play in the end of conflict/return to harmony.

If 9/11 was an inside job the people who are aware of that and could prove it would obviously be in a very very dangerous position. Would the media even break the story if the consequence was assumed to be a mass uprising / military coup?

I've never been convinced it was an inside job but certainly there is no shortage of dodgy people in business, politics and state security.
Just people who'd turn a blind eye for their own reasons. Doesn't even take that many.

If 9/11 was an inside job the people who are aware of that and could prove it would obviously be in a very very dangerous position. Would the media even break the story if the consequence was assumed to be a mass uprising / military coup?

I've never been convinced it was an inside job but certainly there is no shortage of dodgy people in business, politics and state security.
Just people who'd turn a blind eye for their own reasons. Doesn't even take that many.
Dancing israaaeeel ies.... that bit kind of swayed my opinion for sure

To beat Russia in the space Willy Waving contest is the only reason I could think of?

I've had my doubt occasionally. Especially as we haven't gone back. Maybe it reminded them of the swamp and they thought fuck that.
There have been 6 manned landings on the moon.
There have also been many unmanned landings too.
There is nothing to be gained from further manned landings, unless we want to exploit any mineral resources and/or build a colony there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.