Cook, Marwood - Tevez : who's fault ?

BlueDejong

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8198151/Carlos-Tevez-lays-blame-for-transfer-request-firmly-at-door-of-Manchester-City-power-brokers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... okers.html</a>

Carlos Tévez lays blame for transfer request firmly at door of Manchester City power-brokers
Carlos Tévez on Sunday night blamed Manchester City power brokers Garry Cook and Brian Marwood for the breakdown of his relationship with the club and decision to demand a transfer at Eastlands.

Tévez, whose transfer request has been rejected by City, is determined to force through a January move – a mere 18 months after joining the club from Manchester United – after revealing that he has been disillusioned at City since the summer. It is understood that Tévez rejected a substantial one-off bonus offered by City earlier this season in an effort to placate him. The player also claims to have rejected the offer of a new contract.

Senior figures at City were last night privately suggesting that Tévez’s statement, released just after 8.20pm, was merely an attempt by the player’s representative, Kia Joorabchian, to drive a wedge between the club’s Abu Dhabi owners and chief executive Cook and football administrator Marwood.

But with City painting Joorabchian as the driving force behind Tévez’s transfer request in the club’s statement on Sunday morning, the player himself reacted angrily, insisting his decision to leave

has been forged by his failed relationship with the City hierarchy rather than a third party.

Tévez, who is due to return to City tonight after a four-day break in Tenerife, said: “I hugely resent the management’s suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others. I am disappointed that the management should see fit to try to portray the situation in another light.

“My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair. I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them.”

City have ruled out the prospect of Tévez leaving in January, but a move in the summer is the likeliest outcome, with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea all keen to sign the 26 year-old.

The club’s statement, issued on Sunday morning, made clear the view within Eastlands that Tévez had been pushed into his actions by his advisers. The statement read: “It is with disappointment that we confirm to our supporters that Carlos Tévez has submitted a written transfer request. The club can also confirm that the request has been rejected.

“The club remains disappointed by this situation and particularly with the actions of Carlos’ representative. The written transfer request is in stark contrast to Carlos’ stated position in both public and club contexts.

Significantly, over recent months, the club has also received numerous requests from Carlos’ representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year.

“However, in line with the club’s policy of not negotiating playing contracts midseason this has not been granted. Carlos’ current five-year contract has 3½ years to run and he is the highest paid player at the Manchester City Football Club.

“This is both an unfortunate and unwelcome distraction and the club will remain focused on the games ahead in what is turning out to be a very promising season.”

City’s statement was in direct contrast to noises emanating from the Tévez camp, insisting the player’s disillusionment at the club means he has no interest in prolonging his stay at Eastlands, despite signing a five-year contract on his arrival in July 2009.

Both sides claim to have documentary evidence supporting their respective positions, with City insisting unfulfilled demands from the Tévez camp for a new contract, most recently in October, are the root of his transfer request.

Tévez’s threat to retire, a recurring theme in recent months, is understood to be genuine, with the prospect being discussed by sources close to the player throughout Sunday.

The likelihood of a lengthy compensation battle would appear to make this an unlikely outcome, however. The prospect of the player going on strike is also not on the agenda.

Tévez has become increasingly affected by the separation from his daughters, Florencia and Katia, in Buenos Aires. Despite attempts by his representatives to urge him to reconsider his desire to leave City, it is understood that Tévez is keen to move to Spain in an effort to persuade his former partner to relocate to a Spanish-speaking country with the pair’s children.

- fuck off, Tevez

BlueDejong said:
. Despite attempts by his representatives to urge him to reconsider his desire to leave City, it is understood that Tévez is keen to move to Spain in an effort to persuade his former partner to relocate to a Spanish-speaking country with the pair’s children.

So where could this mystery move be? If they are to leave Argentina then presumably it wont be to Bolivia, Paraguay or Mexico. El Salvador or Nicaragua perhaps. Phillipinos still speak Spanish in some parts I am told. Equatorial Guinea was also once Spanish, maybe an opportunity there?

Or does this daft journo mean 'persuade her to relocate to Spain'?

Tévez has become increasingly affected by the separation from his daughters, Florencia and Katia, in Buenos Aires.
Perhaps he should have thought of them before he started shagging a teenage girl.

I can't see Tevez having much day to day contact with Cook and Marwood, and as the club seem to have bent over backwards top accommodate his wishes, I can't see what Tevez's problem with them is. However, I think the root of this is that after our execs banned Kia Joorabchian, who planned revenge and went for the nuclear option, and told Tevez to put the transfer request in.

Dubai Blue said:
Tévez has become increasingly affected by the separation from his daughters, Florencia and Katia, in Buenos Aires.
Perhaps he should have thought of them before he started shagging a teenage girl.

You mean two or is it three? He cheated many times once when his wife was in hospital giving birth. He needs to blame his dick for his problems.

Tevez is going to Madrid, was watching them play earlier and it was "hinted at" that Benzema has been made aware he can leave in Jan as a new striker is on the way. Who could it be I wonder and how are they so sure? Im 99% sure its Tevez.

Thad Williamson describes my opinion perfectly.

Significantly, Tevez went on to say he has no problem with the owner of the club, or with manager Roberto Mancini. The irritation, anger etc. is apparently with (That Man Again) Garry Cook and other executives at City. (There are a lot of those, but Brian Marwood is the one believed most involved in this situation.)

Still, this is a mess. City can only hope a resolution as happy as that reached between Wayne Rooney and Manchester United a short while back can be reached. I am not confident, mainly because the cast of characters at City making decisions is different. If City end up having to sell Tevez, one of the most popular City players ever and still the best player on the team, mid-season, that should be seen as a disaster that the men in suits must be held responsible for. And that outcome would again raise the question: why does the ownership continue to put up with the one holdover from the Thaksin era (Mr. Cook), despite numerous embarrassments?
<a class="postlink" href="http://mancity.theoffside.com/team-news/carlos-wants-to-go-uh-oh-but-heres-how-i-would-handle-it-in-a-game-of-football-manager.html#more-1211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mancity.theoffside.com/team-news ... #more-1211</a>

The Dzeko buyout clause fiasco was bad enough, and now this.

NewbBlue said:

Significantly, Tevez went on to say he has no problem with the owner of the club, or with manager Roberto Mancini. The irritation, anger etc. is apparently with (That Man Again) Garry Cook and other executives at City. (There are a lot of those, but Brian Marwood is the one believed most involved in this situation.)

Still, this is a mess. City can only hope a resolution as happy as that reached between Wayne Rooney and Manchester United a short while back can be reached. I am not confident, mainly because the cast of characters at City making decisions is different. If City end up having to sell Tevez, one of the most popular City players ever and still the best player on the team, mid-season, that should be seen as a disaster that the men in suits must be held responsible for. And that outcome would again raise the question: why does the ownership continue to put up with the one holdover from the Thaksin era (Mr. Cook), despite numerous embarrassments?
<a class="postlink" href="http://mancity.theoffside.com/team-news/carlos-wants-to-go-uh-oh-but-heres-how-i-would-handle-it-in-a-game-of-football-manager.html#more-1211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mancity.theoffside.com/team-news ... #more-1211</a>

Yeah, you're right; let's all blame Cook when not a single one of us knows what is actually going on. FFS.

Here are some facts for you: Carlos Tevez is City's highest paid player, has over 3 years to run on an extremely lucrative contract, has been made captain and central to all our marketing efforts (thus boosting his image rights), is allowed to swan off to Argentina every time there's more than 25 minutes between our games, and has seen the squad bolstered by the arrival of some extremely talented footballers.

So what heinous crime is it that Garry Cook is supposed to have committed? Come on Carlos, tell us, you spineless, spoilt little c*nt.

john@staustell said:
BlueDejong said:
. Despite attempts by his representatives to urge him to reconsider his desire to leave City, it is understood that Tévez is keen to move to Spain in an effort to persuade his former partner to relocate to a Spanish-speaking country with the pair’s children.

So where could this mystery move be? If they are to leave Argentina then presumably it wont be to Bolivia, Paraguay or Mexico. El Salvador or Nicaragua perhaps. Phillipinos still speak Spanish in some parts I am told. Equatorial Guinea was also once Spanish, maybe an opportunity there?

Or does this daft journo mean 'persuade her to relocate to Spain'?

Well right before the part you underlined it says "Tevez is keen to move to Spain..." so I'm guessing A) he did mean Spain, and B) He's not daft. At least not in this situation.

NewbBlue said:

As unpopular as my feelings about Tevez have been - I still maintain the team balance and its ability to perform as a unit will be better without him.

This is a festering cancer that needs getting rid of quickly along with the other disruptive influences. We have the nucleus of a decent team who appear to play better as a team without those bad influences.

We should move on quickly. The Club's future is much more important.

NewbBlue said:

You mean Cook's fault ?

Why ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.