Cook Row

They just got to be jealous!!

Took my nephew to the match with his mate both Everton season ticket holders!!

Asked on the way who they would like to finish 4th if obviously not them!

Genuinely thought they would have said City!!

The friend said Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!! My nephew said anybody but City I hate City!!!

Couldnt believe it nearly threw him out the car there and then!!

Tried to explain the similarities between City and Everton re Manure and Liverpool etc!!

They wouldnt have it!!!!

Journey home wasnt much fun though they admitted the Stadium was "mint"!

Told them to enjoy the moment! Cos it wont be happening again!!

Wrighty Wrexham said:

The friend said Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!! My nephew said anybody but City I hate City!!!

Tried to explain the similarities between City and Everton re Manure and Liverpool etc!!

They wouldnt have it!!!!

In ALL neutrals eyes we are no longer seen as the equivilent of Everton, Spurs etc, the underdogs of the City. People now see us as someone who has been given all this money and have it in their heads that we think we're better than everyone else and can do what we want. We are now looked upon as a Chelsea, a not so huge club, (in their eyes), who can do what they please. All this amounts to one word, jealousy.

Yeah guess you are right!!

My mrs tried to help the situ by telling them that they wouldnt object to the same happening to them!!

Reply yeah but didnt like the way they treated Mark Hughes!!

Couldnt argue a great deal with that one as their are connections to both families and with Mark Hughes comming from Wrexham!!

Another thing they said on the way back was that the Everton fans were chanting "Ireland is Superman" when he was being substituted and that they could not believe there was a massive banner hanging in the stadium saying "Ireland is Superman"! Cringed abit at that one!!

Now Im not saying I want that banner down cos I dont want it affecting Irelands confidence anymore than it already is but do question whether it was put up a little early!!!

Wrighty Wrexham said:

My mrs tried to help the situ by telling them that they wouldnt object to the same happening to them!!

Couldnt argue a great deal with that one as their are connections to both families and with Mark Hughes comming from Wrexham!!

Another thing they said on the way back was that the Everton fans were chanting "Ireland is Superman" when he was being substituted and that they could not believe there was a massive banner hanging in the stadium saying "Ireland is Superman"! Cringed abit at that one!!

Now Im not saying I want that banner down cos I dont want it affecting Irelands confidence anymore than it already is but do question whether it was put up a little early!!!

Never agreed with the banners, they are a bit plastic and unearned as yet. I like the Sheikh one from here, as that is a genuine gesture. The time to have banners is when we have something to shout about and shouting about Stephen Ireland isn't the same as shouting about a few European Cups, like the Kop can. The Kop looks awesome with the home made flags, it tells a story and as yet we don't have one to tell. Just my opinion but it makes the stadium look plastic.

Wrighty Wrexham said:

I think when Ireland gets the ball, he uses it really well still (He created that 50/50 chance for tevez when howard took him out). I just think, he doesn't see enough of the ball, as they seem to try and go out wide. Last year we played through him, and he saw a lot of the ball.

Wrighty Wrexham said:

They wouldnt have it!!!!

This has been my general experience over the time we have been owned by the Sheikh. Honest banter has turned into venomous barbs, and instead of 'Good luck with the money, great chance to get into the top four', it's all tinged with a luminescent green, mixed with bile.

Had two texts today about Bellers mouthing off in support of Moyes and Rodwell pulling down Vinnie's pants.

I've come to the conclusion that EFC have the only acceptable model for getting into the EFC. Got to be done the Moyes way - something about a shoestring.

I am seriously thinking of crossing off the seasonal trip to Goodison. Getting to the point where I think I would choke if I bought a pie off them.

What hurts is my nephew and brother in law although being lifelong Everton fans only got their season tickets last year and were lucky enough to get to go to wembley twice!!!

On both occasions I texted goodluck messages have a great day etc and genuinely asked them about their experiences after!!!

Not asking for them to be secret City fans but thought they could return the courtesy but no they genuinely are "bitter" and we havent won anything YET!!

Wrighty Wrexham said:
What hurts is my nephew and brother in law although being lifelong Everton fans only got their season tickets last year and were lucky enough to get to go to wembley twice!!!

On both occasions I texted goodluck messages have a great day etc and genuinely asked them about their experiences after!!!

Not asking for them to be secret City fans but thought they could return the courtesy but no they genuinely are "bitter" and we havent won anything YET!!
If they can't be courteous I don't know why you give em the time of day, let alone drive them to and from the game. My entire family are Leeds fans. We don't lick each others arse's, but they genuinely hope City do alright (except the now rare occasions when we are up against one another) and I respond in kind. Everton have no historical beef with City, quite the contrary with the obvious comparisons with our rags and their Liverpool. It is just plain unalduturated jealousy born out of the resentment they feel from being stuck in a shithole stadium with no hope of moving and watching their team slowly disintegrate. When Arteta's past it they have little else, what little they do have will seek pastures new when they're terminal decline finds them perennial finishing 10th or 11th.

Just cos they arnt courteus doesnt mean I have to lower myself to their level!!

Will continue to be the same towards them just cant wait until we win some trophies and I'm wishing them good luck in the "Northen Glass Trophy or EDF Vans trophy" etc you know what I mean!!:)

There's no story here at all.

This bloke was acting like a tit, completely against the etiquette of a directors box, and was quite rightly told to sling it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.