Cook - They Bottled It

Alanm1980 said:
To me it sounds as though Cook was there to sell our vision and discuss how we as Man City and Kaka go forward together to boost our image and all Kaka's reps were interested in was the money and couldn't care less about our Vision and 10 year plan etc.

That's the way it sounds to me: If true we've just been afforded a peek behind the Kaka-machines curtain. Cook was concerned with "humanitarian issues" as well, and he claims that was brushed aside (I picture with barely-stifled yawns and cynical eyeball-rolling). I'm all for getting to the point, the bottom-line, but I can't blame Cook for thinking in Kaka's case the bottom-line was more than zeros in a bank account.

He's got a stupid name anyway, Kaka, I mean, ffs! LOL.

Brucie Bonus said:
It is; as outragous, ridiculous, and disrepectful as treating a guest (any guest) in this manner; and it's dangerous behaviour when one treats the designated representatives of Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan in such a contemptous way.

Just speculating about what lies behind "confined"...but I'm not speculating about common decency when it comes to treating guests am I?

I think you perhaps haven't experienced the wide varieties of styles and hospitality (or lack thereof) you encounter when trying to negotiate deals. I have been there and worn that tee-shirt! Some people are just plain rude.

Brucie Bonus said:
Alanm1980 said:
To me it sounds as though Cook was there to sell our vision and discuss how we as Man City and Kaka go forward together to boost our image and all Kaka's reps were interested in was the money and couldn't care less about our Vision and 10 year plan etc.

That's the way it sounds to me: If true we've just been afforded a peek behind the Kaka-machines curtain. Cook was concerned with "humanitarian issues" as well, and he claims that was brushed aside (I picture with barely-stifled yawns and cynical eyeball-rolling). I'm all for getting to the point, the bottom-line, but I can't blame Cook for thinking in Kaka's case the bottom-line was more than zeros in a bank account.

He's got a stupid name anyway, Kaka, I mean, ffs! LOL.

brucie for prime minister!!

Brucie Bonus said:
warpig said:
Dubai Blue said:
“It also involved a board member who had flown half way around the world from Abu Dhabi....."
A slight exaggeration there from Cooky, but I'll let him off!!

seems cook is quite an exagerrater to me ...

"we were confined in a room with no food or water"

do me a favour ffs!! hes making out he was in guantanimo bay.

No, he's indicatating they were treated disrespectfully. It's SOP to have drinks and tasty bites on hand, and the more significant the contract discussed, the greater the chance wait-service will also be on hand. Even if Cook and co. had dropped by unannounced the basics of hospitality would have been procured without delay. They weren't. This minor point is the clearest indication of Milans attitude towards City. If someone stopped by at your house mate, what do you say without delay, "fancy a brew"? Treatment of guests, regardless of culture, has always been seen as a reflection on the honour of the house, it's basic human courtesy that transcends cultures, religions, ethnicity, and social-class. Step back from this and ask yourselves how do you think our Arab benefactors will take this treatment of their servants?

Let's reverse this: assume Milan had come to City and the deal broke down there, and Milan released a statement that included the following - "The put is in a room, asked us not to leave, and no one even supplied and drinks or food". Think about what Cook is trying to communicate by "confined": that Milan actually said, "please do not leave" or, they put someone on the door, on the inside? That's ridiculous, outrageous, disrespectful! It is; as outragous, ridiculous, and disrepectful as treating a guest (any guest) in this manner; and it's dangerous behaviour when one treats the designated representatives of Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan in such a contemptous way.

Just speculating about what lies behind "confined"...but I'm not speculating about common decency when it comes to treating guests am I?

exactly Bruce, excellent post.

picture the scenario, 6 top ranking city officials confined to a room and treated disrespectfully with milan officials popping in and out moving the goalposts. no wonder we walked.

Chippy_boy said:
Brucie Bonus said:
It is; as outragous, ridiculous, and disrepectful as treating a guest (any guest) in this manner; and it's dangerous behaviour when one treats the designated representatives of Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan in such a contemptous way.

I think you perhaps haven't experienced the wide varieties of styles and hospitality (or lack thereof) you encounter when trying to negotiate deals. I have been there and worn that tee-shirt! Some people are just plain rude.

I know, some folks are rude and inhospitable regardless of circumstances. If the folks at Milan treat everyone they meet like this, then it means nothing more than the folks at Milan are rude and inhospitable people. We've nothing to compare this too. I've no idea how they treat representatives from Sampdoria or Torino, or the local branch of Big Bank Inc., but I'll bet you a Waggon Wheel they at least get out the chocolate milk and kit kats ;-).

At the present moment in time, only the most deluded of fans would think that the best players in the world (and quite a few of the average ones too) would come to us for anything other than a sackfull of money.

The concept that we can currently deal with AC Milan on an equal footing is complete la la land.

The only thing we can compete on is buckets and buckets of cash.

If (and I do say IF) anyone involved in this whole thing truly believed this was about 'selling the vision' then I'm just stunned. 'The Vision' if there is one, is that we are going to spend our way into a competetive position. At least, I hope that's the vision. The way to express that vision is to slap your money on the table.

If we have some different vision, involving using our wily business, brand and footballing nous to lift us out of mediocrity whilst operating within sensible monetary boundaries, then that is fine. It just means were the same as every other team outside the Euro money cartel. Don't expect it to work though.

"And uhuh I I think they BOTTLED IT" SSN taking clip of Cookie saying that into overdrive

Bluebeer said:
warpig said:
Dubai Blue said:
“It also involved a board member who had flown half way around the world from Abu Dhabi....."
A slight exaggeration there from Cooky, but I'll let him off!!

seems cook is quite an exagerrater to me ...

"we were confined in a room with no food or water"

do me a favour ffs!! hes making out he was in guantanimo bay.

he also said they were their for 6 hours?!

Should've rung for a pizza

BobbyLazarus said:
At the present moment in time, only the most deluded of fans would think that the best players in the world (and quite a few of the average ones too) would come to us for anything other than a sackfull of money.

we probably would have offered a sack full of money if we got to that point......sounds like they just couldnt be arsed waiting and learning how the city project is going to work....?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.