cooks job on the line

CHT said:
David Dein ..

Spot on mate. The perfect man for the job.

Not only does he understand the football industry he has many allies in the London media which would get us no end of positive publicity. Cook appears to work on the principle that, "There's no such thing as bad publicity" but in football, quite simply that's bollocks.

move Cook to the side in charge of brand marketing and developments and bring in a Chief Exec who knows his stuff.

Kenyon, Dein, Parry - not really arsed who as long as they understand the job.

The story comes from Daniel Taylor.

It means it's complete nonsense. Amazing how quickly we have turned on Cook. He shows passion, and maybe/probably I'm in the minority, but I like him. Not a football man I often hear... Why?

Daniel Taylor is an angry little man with something against this club. He can write an article void of quotes and get away with it under The Guardian banner. He's worst than any red top journalist... Yet we decide to get behind him rather than our own man... Baffling.

Personally, i dont see anything wrong with what he said. I would of much rather he kept quiet, but i think he was just trying to say what he though we wanted to here.

And this bollocks about Kenyon? NO WAY! id rather put my sack in a blender

n_mcfc said:
Just for a while, I'd like us to start making headlines on the pitch.

I'm growing tired of reading rubbish about stuff behind the scenes at the club, Garry Cook, Robinho, Coin/Bottle Throwing and Managers coming and going.

Just do your job City, play football and win. Do whatever needs to be done to keep the Red Top's quiet until we win something.

If sacking Garry Cook means less headlines, fine. But I don't think it does. Sacking him means a further 4 months at least of him, what he did, why he left, the real reason why he left, the actual read worldwide exclusive reason why he left etc etc.
Keeping him on and telling him to keep his Gob shut until we win something/buy someone might mean people start focussing on us on the pitch.

Whatever, CBA, just win something City or get in the top 4, and dear God please stuff the scum at home.

We have been winning. Not every single game, but since Mancini arrivied, we've been winning.

DidsburyCitizen said:
The story comes from Daniel Taylor.

It means it's complete nonsense. Amazing how quickly we have turned on Cook. He shows passion, and maybe/probably I'm in the minority, but I like him. Not a football man I often hear... Why?

Daniel Taylor is an angry little man with something against this club. He can write an article void of quotes and get away with it under The Guardian banner. He's worst than any red top journalist... Yet we decide to get behind him rather than our own man... Baffling.

Quite agree,just the same old tripe from the media,pushing anything negative about city.Don,t care what they have to say,we should stick together,create the siege mentality

Rammy Blue said:
move Cook to the side in charge of brand marketing and developments and bring in a Chief Exec who knows his stuff.

Kenyon, Dein, Parry - not really arsed who as long as they understand the job.
You have to be joking right? This is a "clarkie" isn't it?

Peter Kenyon - oily, self-serving idiot.
David Dein - umpteen failed businesses until he made a fortune out of Arsenal
Rick Parry - all I'll say is that Liverpool thought Alastair Mackintosh would be better than Parry.

Be careful what you wish for - you might get it.

Absolute drivel.......... this is nothing more than a witch hunt due to his refusals at the bobby unveiling. Press dislike him for his honesty, I personally think he's great for the club on all levels, transforming the internal side of the club from top to bottom and separating the wheat from the chaff. And why shouldn't he publicly state we want/are going to be number 1? its what we all want to hear isn't it?

Leave the man alone, everything is on course and ahead of schedule, and if nothing more he's comedy gold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.