cooks job on the line

What I don't get is why it was so wrong for Cook to say we are going to be the biggest club? He has ambition for the team/club that I have supported through thick and thin for over 40 years. We should be backing that ambition.

And let's face it one of the main things we have lacked over the years is CONSISTENCY. We need to keep a manager and a CEO for years not just months!

So let Cook get on with his job and ignore all the media hype.

Now off to purchase a hard hat!!

Eccles Blue said:
What I don't get is why it was so wrong for Cook to say we are going to be the biggest club? He has ambition for the team/club that I have supported through thick and thin for over 40 years. We should be backing that ambition.

And let's face it one of the main things we have lacked over the years is CONSISTENCY. We need to keep a manager and a CEO for years not just months!

I think Garry should re-model himself on Captain Mainwaring

bizzbo said:
what gets me about the attitude towards cook

fair enough, people don't like his style. some people think he lets us down with what he says. personally I think he knows that mild controversy guarantees headlines. anyway....

they say cook's bad for the image of the club.... and they want kenyon?

he's been involved repeatedly in transfer dealings that bent or broke the rules . how is someone like that going to help the image of our club?
^^^^^^^ This^^^^^^^

johnny crossan said:
Eccles Blue said:

I think Garry should re-model himself on Captain Mainwaring

*lol* maybe, maybe. Don't panic, don't panic! :-)

Apart from embarrassing us I am not sure what exactly it is that Cook does.

Based on football knowledge, standing in world football, ability to attract players and talk on their level I think that Sven could do an excellent job, probably would be better to replace Marwood with him.

Sven also has a very good relationship with Mancini, if he is going to be our manager next season could be a great partnership.

Cookey Monster says what we want,
We want to be the biggest, we want to be the best.

Pay me half his wages and I will do the job, and will be shouting City from the rooftops as well, It shows that he is passionate about us.
I wouldnt mind spending a couple of days with the CM just to see what goes on in his role as CEO of The greatest football club on earth.

Personally I find it refreshing to have a CEO that thinks big and isn't a shrinking violet - we've been too long in the shadows. The press make a big deal out of it - but I think they like it really. Sure he gets a bit carried away - but he's a competitive guy that is passionate about us and where he wants us to be. People need to calm down - He's not exactly Don King!

If he were to ever leave - and I hope it will be a long while until he does - How about Sir Howard Bernstein? Huge City fan - integrity, impeccable CV, respected.

Most football fans around the world think there is only one team in Manchester, and most refer to the scum as Manchester.

Cook biggin us up is no bad thing.

He is probably under instruction from the Sheik to get us noticed and is there aany better way of doing it. "the brash american way"

For all you Cook outers , get off his back. You are only adding fuel to the fire. Do you not realise that most of the press who hate/fear Man City are looking for any excuse to deride our great club. I am getting sick of the amount of vitriolic press we are getting (Hughes sacking/ Cook&transfers/ Cook/anything. Robinho they have really enjoyed all the antics from him. City get come uppance from Utd) Why would any fan of City join this awful band wagon? We will get there, support our team and that includes all the staff.

grim up north said:
Most football fans around the world think there is only one team in Manchester, and most refer to the scum as Manchester.

Cook biggin us up is no bad thing.

He is probably under instruction from the Sheik to get us noticed and is there aany better way of doing it. "the brash american way"

Er yes, on the pitch. People will soon start noticing us when we are in the CL or appearing at wembley. Fuck 'the brash american way' we don't live in the USA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.