cooks job on the line

Do not be hoodwinked by the media.

This Guardian nugget has been out to get a) City and b) Garry Cook for some time now, and some hastily-cobbled piece of conjecture must not be taken as gospel.

This bed-wetting little hack must be revelling in the fact that Sky Sports have filled their sorry little schedule with his Bluemoon-plundered 'exclusive', so please do not further fuel his fire.

Garry Cook's alright. Yep, the guy's got a gob the size of the channel tunnel, but he's done a grand job re-structuring the club, ridding it of hangers-on, getting in the professionals and making some serious progress.

I think there are people in the press that are out to get him, he's obviously pissed off a few people along the line. And I think that he will be ridiculed for saying and doing things that another CEO could say or do without so much as a comment from the press.

But that's just a fact of life, he's got to be smarter than to put himself in a position where he can be ridiculed.

I said after the Mancini conference that he needs to take himself out of the limelight, concentrate on the things he is good at and start to rebuild some relationships with the press. I worry that none of the criticism so far seems to have convinced him to change his ways, if he doesn't I can't see much of a future for him at the club.

IFeedGoats said:
grim up north said:
Most football fans around the world think there is only one team in Manchester, and most refer to the scum as Manchester.

Cook biggin us up is no bad thing.

He is probably under instruction from the Sheik to get us noticed and is there aany better way of doing it. "the brash american way"

Er yes, on the pitch. People will soon start noticing us when we are in the CL or appearing at wembley. Fuck 'the brash american way' we don't live in the USA.

We dont live in the US but far too many City fans seem to live in the past!

We should applaud the fact that, mistakes aside, we are punching well above the clubs weight in terms of recent history. Thanks to Cook and the Sheikh.

fbloke said:
IFeedGoats said:
Er yes, on the pitch. People will soon start noticing us when we are in the CL or appearing at wembley. Fuck 'the brash american way' we don't live in the USA.

We should applaud the fact that, mistakes aside, we are punching well above the clubs weight in terms of recent history. Thanks to Cook and the Sheikh.

It's nothing to do with living in the past, it's a matter of actions rather than words! hardly punching above our weight eitherare we? Richest club in the world and we haven't done anything yet!

Imo the CEO of a club should be in the background and very rarely heard. A clubs talking should be done on the pitch by the players and off it by the manager and his assistant.

IFeedGoats said:
fbloke said:

It's nothing to do with living in the past, it's a matter of actions rather than words! hardly punching above our weight eitherare we? Richest club in the world and we haven't done anything yet!

I think thats the problem though isnt it? We should remain meek and mild until we have some silverware in the cabinet? If that is the case then the advantage, mind games etc remains in the hands of United, Chelsea as we arent going to get out there and make noise.

We are the noisey neighbours because of what Cook did with the marketing strategy and we are still seeing the impacts of that now, months later.

And I dont remember too many dissenting voices at that point.

Some rough, some smooth but I for one will remember SAF's reaction to the poster for ever and will likely chuckle about the Mad Hatter moment as well.

And for the record why isnt Cook getting nay credit for taking the flak? The Sheikh and Khaldoon arent in the press as its all about Cook, so he has done the job well hasnt he?

I can't believe we have fans siding with the fucking twisted media against an employee of our club.
Garry Cook isn't perfect but compared to the clueless muppets who have been in charge for much of the last 30 years he is a big step forward.

He does surprise me with his lack of humilty, Nike must be an awful place to work, if it turns out senior manager like Mr Cook.

He had made gaffes but he has moved our club on a long way.
I personally don't want our club to become Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Peter Swales had this problem, he found it tough being in the shadows of the Rags.
He always had to do something and say something to appease / bull-up the fans and Garry Cook is the same.

Many fans will love his style and brashness and many will not.

I say lets not support the media vultures over one of our own.

For me,..... "bad publicity"..... is if he gets caught drink driving, or wife beating. Good publicity for the club, across the world would normally be available for top teams "only"......and so he is intentionally bringing MCFC publicity the best way he can.
Bet we sold a few more shirts off the back of his statements would love to see the clubs balance sheet after one of his so called "gaffs".

I've not read every post but without demeaning the the people who have commented its all been said before. IMO Gary is doing a good job on our global image but perhaps he has dropped one too many bollocks in public. How about Dennis Tuaert joining his team and heading that department in front of media??? He is after all an experienced buisness development manager and more importantly a true city hero!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.