cooks job on the line

phewwwww. was beginning to believe some of you Blue doubters and the rag that reported his job situation. NOT

I know only MUEN.

City back Cook
January 29, 2010

Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook will fight on with the full support of the club’s owners – despite his pre-match derby gaffe.

The club insist that Cook’s job is safe after he was filmed boasting to fans in New York that the Blues would beat United in Wednesday’s Carling Cup semi-final.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is understood to have used those remarks to motivate his players ahead of the match, which they won 3-1 to claim a 4-3 aggregate victory.

Cook also stated at the same fans’ meeting that City were on course to become “the biggest and best club in the world”, overtaking United, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

That has led to speculation about his future, with one newspaper this morning reporting that Cook might exit Eastlands this summer.

But a City spokesman said on Friday: “This is an isolated and ill-informed piece of speculation which is completely without foundation.”

And M.E.N. Sport understands that Cook is valued by owner Sheikh Mansour and chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak.

City development

They feel that Cook is making great strides in overseeing City’s corporate development, and has worked hard to strengthen the club’s relationship with their fans.

It is not the first time that the chief executive’s comments have led to controversy.

He stated in his first major interview that previous owner Thaksin Shinawatra was “a great guy to play golf with” after being charged with corruption offences in his native Thailand.

Cook later confessed that he felt dreadful about making these comments, and said he regretted failing to do proper research on Thaksin.

Cook also accused AC Milan of “bottling it” over City’s unsuccessful £100million bid to sign Kaka last January.

More recently, he slipped up at another supporters’ event by announcing that former striker Uwe Rosler was being inducted into the “Manchester United Hall of Fame”.

And he faced heavy criticism for the club’s handling of Mark Hughes’ departure last month.

It emerged that Cook had started to identify possible replacements for Hughes as early as last summer, despite having publicly stated that City would be patient with him

cookie is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cook is sound doing a great job, we all fuck up now and then, we need to keep him, wait till we start winning things and he will let people know then, i still think the welcome to manchester had something to do with him and that got people talking about city
id rather he told us we would win than say i dont think we will win, and if we had gone on to win he would be a ledgend now think about it

kippax_blueboy said:
I can't believe we have fans siding with the fucking twisted media against an employee of our club.Garry Cook isn't perfect but compared to the clueless muppets who have been in charge for much of the last 30 years he is a big step forward.

He does surprise me with his lack of humilty, Nike must be an awful place to work, if it turns out senior manager like Mr Cook.

He had made gaffes but he has moved our club on a long way.
I personally don't want our club to become Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Peter Swales had this problem, he found it tough being in the shadows of the Rags.
He always had to do something and say something to appease / bull-up the fans and Garry Cook is the same.

Many fans will love his style and brashness and many will not.

I say lets not support the media vultures over one of our own.

100% correct. I sometimes think we have long term rag infiltrators on here trying to undermined our fans and some fall for it.

The top and bottom of it is like this:

He is aiming to take our club to the top

He is supported by our owners

He works for our club and is passionate about where we're going, and he believes he can get us there with everyone pulling together. Better than any other person has ever said or tried to do in the last 3 decades minimum.

Some fucking short memories on this thread. Cook is a WORLD AWAY from the likes of Mackintoss et al who used to run the club. Personally, I hope he continues to speak from his heart about his hopes for City, and I hope he's around to enjoy our success in the years to come.

Been told today that Cook will be lucky to last until the summer. This has come from someone who is in a position to possibly get this information, but he says that his days are definitely numbered. I wouldn't go putting money on it on the back of this but they have no reason to lie. I actually like Cook as he is one of us, i.e drinking with the fans etc but the owner isn't of the same mindset as us lot, so you can see why he would want to replace him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.