"Cool" music

BTH said:
Joanna Newsom's cooler than cool at the mo.

nah... don't make me laugh, she actually has some credibility.

'chill-wave' seems to be considered cool.... to qualify as cool, a genre should actually be a horrid, shallow, opportunistic hipster-led rebranding of some fairly decent existing music.... in this case, lo-fi psychedlic indie.... toro y moi, beach fossil, memory tapes, washed out.

to me it's just people copying ariel pink. who is actually pretty good and therefore cannot be considered 'cool'.

other cool acts I'm far too cool (honest) to like include, lcd soundsystem, delorean, lindstrom, dam funk.

Depends how you define cool. Alot of people who tend to see themselves as 'cool', 'hip' or 'fresh' seem to be into House, funky house, tech house, prog house, etc. Pretty much house related, they'll be the people fuckin off to Ibiza for a week this summer.
Dubstep(Wobstep) is for me more of the average mans sort of music, everyone seems to quite like it, i personally think it's shit.
I'm more of an indie kid so i see bands like oasis as cool still even though Indie music is in the shitter, really don't agree with people who tend to stop listening to bands depending on how many records they've sold, 'non-conformists' so to speak. You get loads of em in the Indie sort of scene and trust me they think they're cooler than fuckin Antarctica, wankers.

Jamie T's tops the cool list atm i'd say along with Mumford and Sons, and then Plan B's old hit's have gained recognition but his new stuff is far to mainstream i'd say

Whatever 'Pitchfork' say is good, basically.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:35 pm --<br /><br />
BTH said:

Sort of

DonnyCityLove said:
Jamie T's tops the cool list atm i'd say along with Mumford and Sons, and then Plan B's old hit's have gained recognition but his new stuff is far to mainstream i'd say

Bit too mainstream to be cool I'd say, but as mainstream acts go Jamie T and Mumford and Sons are moderately cool.

Soulboy said:
Fyfe Dangerfield... a voice smoother than a honey-soaked marble slab...

Not cool

Chick Counterfly said:
BTH said:

'chill-wave' seems to be considered cool.... to qualify as cool, a genre should actually be a horrid, shallow, opportunistic hipster-led rebranding of some fairly decent existing music.... in this case, lo-fi psychedlic indie.... toro y moi, beach fossil, memory tapes, washed out.

to me it's just people copying ariel pink. who is actually pretty good and therefore cannot be considered 'cool'.

other cool acts I'm far too cool (honest) to like include, lcd soundsystem, delorean, lindstrom, dam funk.

CC , you're too cool for me . I'am out .

;-)

Stuart said:
Chick Counterfly said:

;-)

I guarantee you, I am by far the least cool person in this thread ;)

in music, there is a thin line between 'knowledgeable-cool' and 'tragic-nerd-needs-to-get-a-life'.... I've never even SEEN the damn line let alone been on the right side of it.

Chick Counterfly said:
Stuart said:

;-)

I guarantee you, I am by far the least cool person in this thread ;)

in music, there is a thin line between 'knowledgeable-cool' and 'tragic-nerd-needs-to-get-a-life'.... I've never even SEEN the damn line let alone been on the right side of it.

You live a dangerous existence CC . ;-)

I too wander aimlessly , not knowing where the fuck I'am .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.