Corinthians Deny Tevez Bid.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Mark Ogden of the Telegraph tweeted "Just as Man City feared, Corinthians now playing games over Tevez. Was always gonna happen. " Well let them try and play games their window shuts in a couple of days!
Exactly.

If they don't buy him, we can still sell him.

we will find out in the next 24 hours if Tevez REALLY wants to go to South America, or just get out of England. If it's the former, he'll do what he can to push this deal through. If he just wants to leave England/Manchester, we're in for a long summer and he'll eventually go to Inter or something.

Andouble said:
we will find out in the next 24 hours if Tevez REALLY wants to go to South America, or just get out of England. If it's the former, he'll do what he can to push this deal through. If he just wants to leave England/Manchester, we're in for a long summer and he'll eventually go to Inter or something.

But why would Inter or any other European team want him? There's about a 90% chance that the team he moves to for 40 million+ will be receiving a transfer request and dealing with Kia's bullshit in the press six months after acquiring him.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if these bids were just a ruse to get us to commit to Aguero.
Now it seems that we have, the Corinthians bid miraculously disappears and we are stuck with a player that wants out and we've already bought his replacement.
Joorabchian obviously thinks we're now in a weakened position and will accept lower offers in a bid to get Tevez off the wage bill.
We've been played and I'd be willing to put money on us being aware what's going on but couldn't risk losing Aguero.
Joorabchian is one sly mo fo.

Clubber said:
Sounds like they have agreed a price for him, but the actual payment structure is the item up for debate. City will probably want it ASAP, yet Corinthians will want to drag it out over a longer period.

Mancini said they had agreed a price, which is correct, yet he also said Tevez was still a City player.

Not so long, since the transfer window shuts soon.

stony said:
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if these bids were just a ruse to get us to commit to Aguero.
Now it seems that we have, the Corinthians bid miraculously disappears and we are stuck with a player that wants out and we've already bought his replacement.
Joorabchian obviously thinks we're now in a weakened position and will accept lower offers in a bid to get Tevez off the wage bill.
We've been played and I'd be willing to put money on us being aware what's going on but couldn't risk losing Aguero.
Joorabchian is one sly mo fo.

I actually see it being the other way. I think City have called their bluff by saying we've accepted their bid in public, knowing realistically that it was Kia behind it all. That way if the transfer doesn't go through by Wednesday, the club can say that they didn't stand in his way as they accepted the bid. I actually think the club has played this hand quite well.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:26 pm --<br /><br />
talkativesprout said:
Clubber said:
Sounds like they have agreed a price for him, but the actual payment structure is the item up for debate. City will probably want it ASAP, yet Corinthians will want to drag it out over a longer period.

Mancini said they had agreed a price, which is correct, yet he also said Tevez was still a City player.

Not so long, since the transfer window shuts soon.

I think he was referring to City wanting the transfer fee ASAP, but Corinithians would want to spread it out over as long a time as possible. I think City have called their bluff well and they are now Kia are trying to shift the focus back on us with the claims of a City counter offer with different financial demands.

Is it me or do all those South Americans like to talk the big talk with regards money but when it comes to it they never really have it. Even if the do buy Carlos they are unlikely to have that amount of money in the bank. I think it's all to do with face, they want to act as if they can mix it with the big guns on the worlds stage.
Just a question for Carlos what have we ever ever done to you to treat us like this by the way, you are getting just like that Ada only difference is you can play football.

Corinthians will pay the bare minimum til Jan...then claim they can no longer afford him, blaming, either Global Financial Meltdown (everyone else does) Rupert Murdoch (everyone else is) or the Metropolitan Police (everyone else will).. round about Dec, Carlos will recieve threats to his family from the local Sau Paulo Pharmacutical distributors.. he then moves to Chelsea, everyones a winner (except us).. Corinthians get rid of the debt, Carlos and Kia get weighed in again, Chelsea get their man, and Roberts ya fathers brother as they say ... !

The deal will be done tommorow regardless of the nonsense Sanchez is spouting, this is our only real chance of offloading Tevez this side of christmas so i doubt we'll want him kicking about for any longer than we have to. Besides we need the cash to pinch Aguerro!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.