Coronation of King Charles 3rd

What's everyone's feelings? Mine is one of ambivalence for the event and sadness for the waste of tax payer money in the middle of a cost of living crisis.

Polling shows its the older age group who are going big for this so I should have an interest but can't see it bothering me too much.

Youngsters clearly cannot relate to it at all - could be a defining moment for the Monarchy. Daughter works for a big clothing chain aimed at the younger market and they have been sent bunting etc for the shop and staff area and nobody can be arsed putting any of it up. It won't attract their target customers and at the moment they are busy maximising sales to keep their jobs as the High Street is dying - time spent putting flags up with Chas and Cams on them is time wasted off the sales floor

Waste of money, the taxpayers should be subsidising our season tickets.

I'll watch some of it. Mainly for the pagentary, history etc more than anything else
Not particularly fond of Charles and Camilla, but I do love history.

I think that sums it up for most - when Kate and Wills got married our council kindly kept the tip open so wife and kids went to a party and I cleared a load of shit out of the garage and dumped it. Think I won that one

I will continue to do my duty:

Royal%20Marine_BFBS_20191106_010_0.jpg

Id rather guide my dad into my mum than watch this out dated nonsense.
I hate these events.
I just see all these fabulously rich people in the Abbey in all their finery, it depresses me in that these rich people live in an entirely different world than us plain folk. It sounds like jealousy, but it's not. I'm more than happy with what I've got....It's just I hate the class system, I just don't like it.
Some people have to work down mines or in depressing factories their entire lives for a meagre living and these lot wouldn't even look at them as working class are beneath them. They live in a world of huge homes with many acres, horses, polo, dinner parties, fine wines and clothes etc. I also hate the fact that their lifestyle pollutes the earth so hugely with their private jets, helicopters, yachts and suchlike.
I just hate the sight of them.

Last edited:
I hate these events.
I just see all these fabulously rich people in the Abbey in all their finery, it depresses me in that these rich people live in an entirely different world than us plain folk. It sounds like jealousy, but it's not. I'm more than happy with what I've got....It's just I hate the class system, I just don't like it.
Some people have to work down mines or in depressing factories their entire lives for a meagre living and these lot wouldn't even look at them as working class are beneath them. They live in a world of huge homes with many acres, horses, polo, dinner parties, fine wines and clothes etc. I also hate the fact that their lifestyle pollutes the earth so hugely with their private jets, helicopters, yachts and suchlike.

Isn't it good from an Anarchist perspective that they are all in the same room...

I hate these events.
Well said. That last sentence sums it up. I'm sick of the fucking sight of this lot, they make me sick to the pit of my stomach. And I'm sick of being told they're the embodiment of Britishness and the last thread of pride woven into our national fabric. I'm sick of being told by our mainstream media that we should deify one family because their ancestors slipped out of a select birth canal almost a millennium ago. My late Nana was my Queen, it's my own family I revere and I don't need any fucker to tell me to bow like a lobotomised sycophant to fucking criminals who are quite literally stealing millions from the public purse to enrich their own lives whilst giving nothing in return. I respect Boris fucking Johnson more than I respect Charles, at least he went through ordinary channels of application and hardwork to become the morally bankrupt prick he is today. A week from now we're going to parade a random individual around London in a gold carriage and put a fancy hat on his head, at the expense of taxpayer millions, meanwhile nurses are still fighting for fairer pay.

The whole thing is detestable and if that **** was to ever find himself in my orbit I'd spit at his feet. That's the closest thing to respect he'd ever receive from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.