Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
good on him - will watch later. I have not seen much for two days as been busy but it scares the shit out of people. My dad rang me an hour ago totally depressed. “Oh we have a new variant, out vaccine doesn’t work, City won’t be back for years” - press are vermin in my opinion. Been a disgrace throughout all this. An utter disgrace. Would not wipe my arse on the Daily Mail.

Had the same convo with my mum last night, she had the AZ/Oxford, I've just told her not to listen to the scaremongering, it's fine, she has the DM every day sadly, and I doubt she will have listened to Van Tam tonight either.

It wouldn't matter if she got the Guardian, Telegraph, Mirror or just read the BBC News app every day as they are all putting out the most alarmist slant they can about Covid. It's shite but it's up to people to decide for themselves that it's all about website traffic rather than an objective reporting of facts.

the way the sensational every negative thing to create FEAR. They seem to like the negativity of it and the fact that the country is locked down .
It's how they keep themselves relevant, half of them would be redundant without this pandemic, it's pretty much all they have to report on now the US and Brexit are not really news.

It wouldn't matter if she got the Guardian, Telegraph, Mirror or just read the BBC News app every day as they are all putting out the most alarmist slant they can about Covid. It's shite but it's up to people to decide for themselves that it's all about website traffic rather than an objective reporting of facts.
What annoys the fuck out of me is that the majority of the media is doom and gloom, yet on the other hand they ”print” continuous stories about when is Boris going to loosen the lockdown, when can we go on holiday etc etc

It just messes with too many people’s heads, no wonder mental health is a big issue.

Had the same convo with my mum last night, she had the AZ/Oxford, I've just told her not to listen to the scaremongering, it's fine, she has the DM every day sadly, and I doubt she will have listened to Van Tam tonight either.
We need him rolled out more often. The man speaks with honesty and integrity.

What annoys the fuck out of me is that the majority of the media is doom and gloom, yet on the other hand they ”print” continuous stories about when is Boris going to loosen the lockdown, when can we go on holiday etc etc

It just messes with too many people’s heads, no wonder mental health is a big issue.

from what I can see most have been a disgrace. Is there a middle ground sensible source of news? Peston, kuunsberg, rigby and others have been abhorrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.