Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want balance, and the last few days it’s been in short supply, as Van Tam intimated this evening.Hopefully we’ll see better reporting tomorrow.
Not just on the news either it’s important the public confidence in the vaccine program is maintained, wherever, there is public influence, Jeremy Vine on radio 2 has a lot of influence, especially on the older generations.
The bbc links i gave yesterday covered everything including hope, i cant make you read it

He complained about some of the scare stories about variants in the media.

good on him - will watch later. I have not seen much for two days as been busy but it scares the shit out of people. My dad rang me an hour ago totally depressed. “Oh we have a new variant, out vaccine doesn’t work, City won’t be back for years” - press are vermin in my opinion. Been a disgrace throughout all this. An utter disgrace. Would not wipe my arse on the Daily Mail.

I was kidding but I'd like to know how you think you'll get given the option?

I've read a few people from the scientific community just in the past week say that *if* they had the choice of vaccines (which they acknowledge that they don't, so it's a purely hypothetical point) that they'd 'choose' the Novavax.

Don't really know why, just found it interesting. I've never really thought about having a choice, I'll be happy to take whatever is given when that time comes.

The bbc links i gave yesterday covered everything including hope, i cant make you read it
I’m not talking about myself, in fact not anybody on here. I’m talking about the thousands maybe millions out in the country that are maybe avoiding the news.That listen to the radio all day, or see newspaper headlines. Or just hear stuff from friends. I’ve seen it with my mum.
If the media allow the impression that the vaccines are ineffective, they at best worry at worst decide to wait for the next version. If the that media isn’t balanced , which it hasn't been reporting worrying headlines then as Van Tam says it can cause panic in people.
That needs addressing over the next days.

good on him - will watch later. I have not seen much for two days as been busy but it scares the shit out of people. My dad rang me an hour ago totally depressed. “Oh we have a new variant, out vaccine doesn’t work, City won’t be back for years” - press are vermin in my opinion. Been a disgrace throughout all this. An utter disgrace. Would not wipe my arse on the Daily Mail.

the way the sensational every negative thing to create FEAR. They seem to like the negativity of it and the fact that the country is locked down .

as someone who had the Oxford vaccine two days ago , I didnt have it to protect me from a mild case of Covid. I had it to stop me becoming very ill or dying from it.

if as they say it does that that is fine for me.

The vaccine has become a medicine that for the moment should prevent serious illness. That is still valuable though. If you don't get seriously ill, why worry about it?

That's the view I take but then if the virus is moving from person to person, including those who are vaccinated, does it not increase the chances of mutation? Is looking to reduce the probability of mutation folly?

Caveat: I did not study biology at GCSE level. I am clueless about mutating vrliruses etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.