Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JVT's commented in the press conference that it's unlikely that the SA variant will overtake the UK variant in the UK over the next few months but this seems questionable. if the vaccines are 85% effective against the UK variant but marginally effective against the SA variant then we are going to selectively filter out the UK strain and wild-type to leave the SA variant, and similar strains. It depends how effective our vaccine are against the SA variant. I am sure this is being looked at but the information that is in the public domain is contradictory.

I'll take any vaccine I am offered as something is better than nothing but it seems to me that we're in for more than one round of vaccination before we can put this behind us.

I won’t post direct on here but I have just had text my friend from Az and he has just said along the lines of it is all good. Believe nothing you are hearing on the news. Is pathetic. Said the vaccine still work better than flu vaccines and modifications allready under way which was known would need to happen. His final line was the most interesting thing I have heard in 6 months. Will post tommorow

The thread cleaning fairies have been out again..
What have I missed?

I won’t post direct on here but I have just had text my friend from Az and he has just said along the lines of it is all good. Believe nothing you are hearing on the news. Is pathetic. Said the vaccine still work better than flu vaccines and modifications allready under way which was known would need to happen. His final line was the most interesting thing I have heard in 6 months. Will post tommorow

What have I missed?

WTAF!!!

You can't leave it like that.

Have to say very disappointed in today's press briefing. Van Tam painting a depressing picture.
Looks very much like 4 walls and another year of misery for most.

JVT's commented in the press conference that it's unlikely that the SA variant will overtake the UK variant in the UK over the next few months but this seems questionable. if the vaccines are 85% effective against the UK variant but marginally effective against the SA variant then we are going to selectively filter out the UK strain and wild-type to leave the SA variant, and similar strains. It depends how effective our vaccine are against the SA variant. I am sure this is being looked at but the information that is in the public domain is contradictory.

I'll take any vaccine I am offered as something is better than nothing but it seems to me that we're in for more than one round of vaccination before we can put this behind us.
Did you actually hear him explain the flimsy data, so far?

Tested positive Friday, only been out a handful of times in 10 months, must have got it off the Mrs who tested positive Wednesday after symptoms Tuesday.

No symptoms for me, are they likely to start this late after catching? Not seen Mrs since Tuesday and can only have caught it off her on Monday or Tuesday.
Typically symptoms start 5-6 days after infection but can be longer. Best wishes. I'd be eating fruit and getting plenty of sleep and try not to to stress (I would fail on that score!). ANything to boost your immune system.

You could win the lotto and you'd still grumble that it wasn't the Euromillions.
Just my opinion. It's a forum after all. I dont like the way some of these people they wheel out act, they seem to enjoy the big power trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.