Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a personal feeling and comment - when the spring gets warmer and the cases are crashing, plus the vaccinations and antibodies dominating the population, the restrictions will begin to be lifted in stages (probably from March to be honest). At some point over the summer we'll be allowed out for meals and into each other's houses.

As much as there are arguments for further restrictions in the autumn, in some form, i wouldnt be surprised if the general appetite and adherence to them absolutely crashes and burns. I'm just not sure people are willing to put up with it again. For better or worse.

If the vaccines prevent the majority of people that catch it getting seriously ill then there should be no restrictions. I think everyone would be in agreement that the virus is never going to fully go away, but if the numbers getting to the point of being hospitalised can be handled without overrunning the NHS then that’s fine. It just becomes another illness that we get.

That's missing what alcohol and drugs do. They relax people, often induce a feeling of happiness, numb pain and depression. It may be a short term fix and the side effects can be bad but a lot of people are done to death with most of those suggestions. The underlying mental torture of being denied love, warmth, human interaction, normality,hope it's ever going to end eventually saps even the strongest spirit in the end. A bottle of wine and some loud music dulls it all for a while.
Alcohol does not numb depression.
It exacerbates it.

Professor Nadir Arber, who is based at Tel Aviv's Sourasky Medical Centre, said his experimental cancer drug EXO-CD24 is successfully treating serious symptoms of COVID-19 with an extraordinary 95% success rate.

"These are severe patients and they say 'Oh! we feel better! We feel more strength.' It was very encouraging," Professor Arber told Sky News.

EXO-CD24 is inexpensive, inhaled and must be administered once a day for five days.

It fights the cytokine storm, a severe immune overreaction responsible for many COVID-related deaths.

The professor said the results of the small trial were "encouraging" and "a wonderful feeling - almost like winning the derby in Manchester!"

why the fuck anyone would accept China's help with this is beyond me.

Everyone has already accepted China's help whether you think you have or not. China were the 1st to Genome the virus which allowed the quicker creation of tests. China's hard lockdown bought the world 5 weeks to prep ( not that many did ).

Nah, you’re trying to do what others did last year when anyone dared to criticise the CCP, claiming it was down to some sort of racism against the Chinese.

Anything that comes out of that country is government rubber stamped, they’re a communist state, with some totally regulated capitalism thrown in to make them competitive.

Being wary of one of the most immoral governments on earth, that caused this pandemic by deceit, isn’t pushing distrust on to other vaccines, it’s very reasonable.

Where have I said it was racist.

I've called out a poster who has said we shouldn't accept or trust a Chinese vaccine here because he's wrongly creating impression that it would be the Chinese government approving it. He also called it "accepting help from the chinese". It isn't help. It's would be a transaction. And if it happens it will because our government and our scientists believe that transaction will keep British people safe and help get our economy moving again. If he wants to argue that a Chinese vaccine isn't the correct choice for us then he should come up with some reasons that are based on facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.