Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wales vaccination update:

628, 760 first doses given - 24, 784 today - was 14, 354 day before

3491 second doses given - 699 today - was 108 yesterday

and if they'd been above board in their practices to start with we wouldn't have a pandemic. It doesn't clear them just because they did some things right mostly out of self-preservation at that point.

If they were honest and had integrity about the whole thing they'd have given full transparency and access, released every bit of available data instead of deleting it and already started compensating other countries for what they're culpable of.

To suggest that we wouldn't have the pandemic if they had been open from day one is off in my opinion.

Even if China had locked down the whole country the second they knew something dodgy was going on instead of trying to keep it "in house" and released all info to the world instantly I dont see this would have been totally contained. the transmission vectors of this virus make it almost impossible to contain without extensive testing and track and trace ( which didn't exist as they didnt know it existed ) due to the 20/25% of totally asymptomatic cases. the fact it was from a major city with an international airport etc etc, odds are this thing was outside of China before they even knew there was something hide.

So while more transparency would have helped I cant see it having stopped this, just delayed it more. to stop this one the rest of the world needed to be ready will and able to track and trace it out of existance. something very few counties seemed to be bothered about until it was too late.

That being said. If this did come from a wet market then we can hold them to account for lack of animal husbandry rules which allowed the virus to form in the 1st place.

Watching footy, chatting on here, reading and Netflix have all kept me going. We all want things open, but it cannot happen with the level of hosptialisation that we currently have. When that comes down to an acceptable level, things will start to open up. I do think the government should state some figure that they deem to be acceptable case numbers/hospitalisations.
I'll be honest, it's coming on here keeps me sane. Mrs and I retired early to travel and waking up in the same house (OK, just moved north to Sheffield) each day is numbing. Really missing the social aspect of pubs.

Agree with caution over a return, it's all about hospitalisation levels for me.

To suggest that we wouldn't have the pandemic if they had been open from day one is off in my opinion.

Even if China had locked down the whole country the second they knew something dodgy was going on instead of trying to keep it "in house" and released all info to the world instantly I dont see this would have been totally contained. the transmission vectors of this virus make it almost impossible to contain without extensive testing and track and trace ( which didn't exist as they didnt know it existed ) due to the 20/25% of totally asymptomatic cases. the fact it was from a major city with an international airport etc etc, odds are this thing was outside of China before they even knew there was something hide.

So while more transparency would have helped I cant see it having stopped this, just delayed it more. to stop this one the rest of the world needed to be ready will and able to track and trace it out of existance. something very few counties seemed to be bothered about until it was too late.

That being said. If this did come from a wet market then we can hold them to account for lack of animal husbandry rules which allowed the virus to form in the 1st place.

Well it came from one or the other, both rather preventable if they did everything above board. Don't think it's unreasonable to doubt their motives or actions with things like vaccines since given the lack of transparency and truly benevolent co-operation.

Well it came from one or the other, both rather preventable if they did everything above board. Don't think it's unreasonable to doubt their motives or actions with things like vaccines since given the lack of transparency and truly benevolent co-operation.
Seems we don’t know still. Either way ,it would be wrong, to turn down any solution just because it might come from the cause.

“Another line of investigation is whether the virus could have spread through imported frozen food. The hunt for the origin will continue.”

I'll be honest, it's coming on here keeps me sane. Mrs and I retired early to travel and waking up in the same house (OK, just moved north to Sheffield) each day is numbing. Really missing the social aspect of pubs.

Can I just say thought you were great on masked singer

Yep. Obviously it's pure guesswork on the figures, but I'd imagine when daily cases are in the 5,000-7,000 range and there are 15,000-20,000 in hospital - and it's been like that for 2 weeks - that's when things will start opening up.

Agreed very difficult to contain in a global market where goods and services are transported by plane , ship etc.

Death numbers were dependant on human complicity to restrictions of movement and degree of restriction and speed of closing airports to passenger travel.

Outbreaks are dependant on how solid your infection control is , how good your quarantine protocols and spread of course is minimised if you isolate primary and secondary contacts beyond infection period for each individual.

These measures have significant short term and long term ramifications to livelihoods and lives .

Excess death numbers will albeit as blunt as that is to all those who have lost loved ones will determine whether the relative responses were worthwhile.

Where you do have these measures in place you get an outcome like the one in Taiwan albeit being an island nation they have many advantages that land locked ones don't when it comes to outcomes.

Professor Nadir Arber, who is based at Tel Aviv's Sourasky Medical Centre, said his experimental cancer drug EXO-CD24 is successfully treating serious symptoms of COVID-19 with an extraordinary 95% success rate.

"These are severe patients and they say 'Oh! we feel better! We feel more strength.' It was very encouraging," Professor Arber told Sky News.

EXO-CD24 is inexpensive, inhaled and must be administered once a day for five days.

It fights the cytokine storm, a severe immune overreaction responsible for many COVID-related deaths.

The professor said the results of the small trial were "encouraging" and "a wonderful feeling - almost like winning the derby in Manchester!"
God bless the Jews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.