Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know its as steep, we had many more cases last spring, we only tested those that ended up in hospital.

I dissagree, many more places could be shut, you could close all buiness premesis for two weeks aside from those selling food. Shut all factories, shut all offices, the only way this virus is exisiting is thru person to person transmission. You could limit people to one shop a week. I believe a harder shorter lockdown is better than what we are now doing. Can i ask you both what do you think is going to happen if we carry on like this? as you state cases will creep up as people start to ignore it and the lockdown will carry on being even less effective. So the alternative to a harder shorter 2 week lovkdown is what?? I just cant see anyhing other than this course of action?

I have said what SHOULD have happened but didn't. It's too late now. Look every single person if they were told " Do this for three months, stick with it and everything will be back to normal in this country at least, aside for tests and some form of tracking" they would have stuck with it. Instead flights and people were pouring into the country even from infected areas, government ministers were breaking the rules, it was a total shitshow.

There is possibly something in what you say though now we appear to have some form of effective quarantine in place and very few are coming in and out of the country. Get everyone vaccinated, prepare well and lockdown for 4-6 weeks hard. That should hopefully do it.

I read a report the Israelis say the pfizer jab gives an efficacy of 85%+ on the first jab with a 75% less risk of transmission to others. And a full on 95% with the two doses. We can both have the Astra next week at Rochdale infirmary but trying to get the Pfizer from Oldham. The efficacy of the Astra appears to be less with the over 60's 65's. Comments?

It's very much a case of you get what you're given, Bob. I had my first dose of AZ at Clarendon Leisure Centre in Salford on Monday. One of my uncles had both doses of Pfizer there in December & early January. A woman who asked me which one after I'd had my jab on Monday looked gutted when I said it was AZ as she was hoping for Pfizer.

They are both highly effective so personally I'm not the slightest bit bothered which one I have.

It's very much a case of you get what you're given, Bob. I had my first dose of AZ at Clarendon Leisure Centre in Salford on Monday. One of my uncles had both doses of Pfizer there in December & early January. A woman who asked me which one after I'd had my jab on Monday looked gutted when I said it was AZ as she was hoping for Pfizer.

They are both highly effective so personally I'm not the slightest bothered which one I have.
I’m just great full we have developed vaccines in a short period of time, we are very lucky to have any

They are both highly effective so personally I'm not the slightest bothered which one I have.
It's being offered early to family of NHS. We can have Astra at the Rochdale Infirmary but can get the appointment changed to Oldham hospital who are using Pfizer. We were happy to wait it out but the daughters want us inoculated asap. If we can get the Pfizer then research indicates it will be better for our age group.

It's being offered early to family of nhs. We can have Astra at the Rochdale Infirmary but can get the appointment changed to Oldham hospital who are using Pfizer. We were happy to wait it out but the daughters want us inoculated asap.
If we can get the Pfizer then research indicates it will be better for our age group.

I'm 66. I don't think you are older than me. From my perspective, I'd be very wary of allowing anyone a choice as you could end up like Germany where people are walking out rather than having the AZ vaccine..

It's being offered early to family of NHS. We can have Astra at the Rochdale Infirmary but can get the appointment changed to Oldham hospital who are using Pfizer. We were happy to wait it out but the daughters want us inoculated asap. If we can get the Pfizer then research indicates it will be better for our age group.

Better how?

there were no deaths or hospitalisations in anyone who had an Az vaccine in the trials

believe there was 1 in the Pfizer but thats neither here nor there really as the trial was larger

there may be slightly more (approx 10%) of a chance of you getting mild symptoms if you had the AZ vaccine than the pfizer, but in terms of chances of you getting seriously ill they are the same.

it’s a lot more of a risk to wait the week imo

edit: I think they may be starting to hold Pfizer back for 2nd doses now as well, so it may be you get there for your first jab and it’s an AZ one you get anyway

What about the people who might miss out on getting the vaccine because of the slots you seem to be hogging?

Better how?

there were no deaths or hospitalisations in anyone who had an Az vaccine in the trials

believe there was 1 in the Pfizer but thats neither here nor there really as the trial was larger

there may be slightly more (approx 10%) of a chance of you getting mild symptoms if you had the AZ vaccine than the pfizer, but in terms of chances of you getting seriously ill they are the same.

it’s a lot more of a risk to wait the week imo

edit: I think they may be starting to hold Pfizer back for 2nd doses now as well, so it may be you get there for your first jab and it’s an AZ one you get anyway
If we are to be inoculated it follows we are innoculated with the vaccine offering the best efficacy for our circumstance. The protection of the Astra appears not to be as good as you get older ie over 65's reducing efficacy protection further. If I am wrong it's very important that some kind soul corrects me as this all new science. From what I have read the Pfizer offers the better protection for the elderly and also a 75% protection against infecting others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.